anyone else fed up being poor ?

(78 Posts)
Lonelybunny Mon 04-Feb-13 09:15:52

Can't believe we work full time ok minimum wage jobs well just over say 8-10 per hour but we just so skint. I'm on maternity leave , just had to walk the kids a mile and a half to school , which won't do them any harm as we walk home everyday but that's because I can't afford to put more petrol in the car , we have cut down on food shopping , can't go any lower , we cook fresh and but economy meat , make up big pasta dishes etc ! Now I'm about to cut the feet out my daughters baby grows cause I can't afford to buy more . But we are not on the lowest wages ? How to people do it ? I just don't understand y in 2013 we are living like this ?

Boomerwang Thu 07-Feb-13 13:36:39

Had the bailiffs round last night. Thank god I was out. I had no idea things were that bad.

survivingwinter Thu 07-Feb-13 14:44:07

Poor you Boomerwang sad

Just not fair that so many people are suffering so much at the moment and yet those who caused a lot of this economic pain are still swanning around on their private jets...

JamesBexleySpeed Thu 07-Feb-13 16:27:37

I thought that too MerryCouthyMows, £10 per hour is more than £20,000 per year!

OP, my advice is to write a Statement of Affairs (SOA) detailing all your incomings and outgoings. People are often surprised where the money goes.
MoneySavingExpert is the place to go for budgeting help once you have your SOA

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now