Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

To think is this is not embarrassing?

(156 Posts)
D0oinMeCleanin Sun 03-Feb-13 16:56:44

Ignoring all the background because I can't move until we 'win' a council house, so I can't just leave.

Both dds at a party, which I assume was planned for weeks. I was told about it yesterday. I was at work at teatime, essay writing, dog walking and dryer fixing at lunchtime.

Dd2's only pair of tights that match her dress have a hole in the crotch, only the crotch. |I only noticed this hole when I was getting her dressed. Her dress covers the crotch. She has clean knickers on, the same colour as the tights. Had she had other tights I would have gave her them, but she doesn't, so she wore the holey ones. There are no holes in the leg, only the crotch. She is 6 so she is not inclined to go around with her skirt above her head.

She has told DH about the rip on the way to the party. He is 'mortified' and 'feels like he can't go now' I am 'not a proper a mother' and 'want our children to be scruffy' his family will 'all be talking about us'

AIBU to think he needs to get a fucking grip and stop allowing our children to be near his family if they'd honestly make dd2 feel bad about a hole in some tights (which they wouldn't)?

NcNcNcNc Mon 04-Feb-13 14:23:35

Where are you based op? I used to foster for Cats Protection and have 5 of my own, I have no problem with fostering your cat for you. I'm in the Midlands, let me know if I can help smile

What a lovely offer NcNcNc

NcNcNcNc Mon 04-Feb-13 15:32:17

I have 3 dogs too but as they're tiny miniscule one it may be better if I didn't offer to have DevilDog grin think he might see lunch smile (and I'm scared of dogs bigger than a cat blush )

Seriously, pm me if you it would help you, our house is so crazy one more is no problem.

OliviaMumsnet (MNHQ) Mon 04-Feb-13 23:21:09

Ahem

BupcakesAndCunting Mon 04-Feb-13 23:26:44

I am sick of reading about your wanker bloke, Dooin! Not sick of you posting about him, just sick of hearing about him being a megacunt AGAIN.

He is a tosspot a massive one and I hope he goes missing. There I said it.

sparkle12mar08 Tue 05-Feb-13 12:07:16

Excuse me, but why the hell am I the only one to have been deleted on the thread?!!! I said absolutely nothing that other posters including TSC, Shineone, abbierhodes, Katycleaninglady etc haven't said as well, nothing!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now