Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

to start a thread on a topic which I suspect has been done to death?

(129 Posts)
yaimee Fri 01-Feb-13 22:31:16

Misheard song lyrics (sorry)!
There is a song that has been playing on the jukebox at work quite a lot recently, I found out today it's Erotic by Madonna.
Until now I've been singing 'Bill Oddie, Bill Oddie, put your hands all over my body'.
I'm pretty gutted now I know the real words!

IrnBruChew Sat 02-Feb-13 00:42:13

Last night I dreamt of sandpaper.

That song has soapy variations grin

IrnBruChew Sat 02-Feb-13 00:42:38

So many, not soapy haha

BlahBlahWhatever Sat 02-Feb-13 01:07:17

She sees the half pint reaching for the top shelf
Always thought it was very dwarfist until I found out the actual words are
She seems to have an invisible touch,yeah

GrumpyCrossPatch Sat 02-Feb-13 01:36:56

"I'm a Cilla Black fan on bike" is apparently not the message that Meatloaf was hoping to get across in Bat Out of Hell.....

Midlifecrisisarefun Sat 02-Feb-13 06:44:55

DD used to sing 'more than a woman' as 'more than a womble'
grin

scrivette Sat 02-Feb-13 06:47:37

YY Crosspatch. I only found out the real lyrics on Mumsnet a few weeks ago.

'My love has got no money, he's got his strombelice'.

ErikNorseman Sat 02-Feb-13 06:50:08

That Florence and Calvin Harris song is currently stuck in my head. I hear 'you're giving me sexy airplanes' which I know cannot be right, but I have no idea what it is.

greenandcabbagelooking Sat 02-Feb-13 07:09:20

It's not "the devil is the skies". I learnt this circa one year ago.

barefootwalker Sat 02-Feb-13 07:12:51

For ages i thought Shania was singing "I can't believe you kiss your carpet knife", slightly fixed by this until I realised it was car at night.

As a teenager, listening to the Dirty Dancing soundtrack I was a little horrified when my Mum began to sing "hold my arse..." instead of hungry eyes,I had to correct her. Oh the embarrassment!

My mum thought Take that's 'All I do each night is pray' was 'all I do is shine my face'

A few years ago now but still makes me smile.

PurplePidjin Sat 02-Feb-13 07:33:43

Wash your back, wash your back you know I'll wash. Your back for good

Take That hmm

TheNebulousBoojum Sat 02-Feb-13 07:37:02

DD used to sing 'Hi ho, hi ho, it's off to work we go...with a shovel and a pig and a walking stick...'
She had numerous reasons why the dwarves would take a pig with them.

wooga Sat 02-Feb-13 08:09:06

This old farney,now we don't talk anymore - Cliff

And I feel like icecream - Will Young

'cause you sentenced me to paradise - Bruno M.

Meatballs,meatballs,meat-meat-meat-meat-meatballs - some eighties song,can't remember who!

Funnily enough just yesterday I was listening to REM The Sidewinder Sleeps & thinking about 'calling Cheryl Baker up'. Still not sure what the words are but I'm pretty sure Michael Stipe isn't singing about phoning a member of Bucks Fizz grin

catgirl1976 Sat 02-Feb-13 08:27:18

There is a dance tune that goes

"Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii Can't get enough. No, no, no, no"

DH spent many a year trying to look cool in nightclubs whilst singing

"Iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii Can't get it up..........."

grin

Maebe Sat 02-Feb-13 08:35:09

That Ocean Colour Scene song. I always thought it was "write another song like 'Billy Heard the Day He Caught the Train'", as if that was the full name of the song, rather than writing a song that was like the one Billy heard that day. On worked that out a few weeks ago!

chanie44 Sat 02-Feb-13 09:10:22

My niece (aged 10) thought that Michael Jacksons 'billie jean' was 'skinny jeans'.

TLC 'creep' - I always sing 'you're a creep'. It was only recently that oh corrected me that its 'so I creep'.

DebK2012 Sat 02-Feb-13 09:15:37

My daughters friend thought the words to I'm sexy and I know it were when I wobble by girls be looking like gooey fly instead of when I walk on by girls be looking like god he's fly confused

mirry2 Sat 02-Feb-13 09:19:07

I'm sitting here in hysterics grin

Theas18 Sat 02-Feb-13 09:20:57

I can see clearly now Lorraine has gone...

chubbymomie2012 Sat 02-Feb-13 09:23:13

Lol ladies I love you all. Was feeling shit this morni g up from crack of dawn with ds3. Have just read this post and think I wet myself a little laughing!

FancyPuffin Sat 02-Feb-13 09:34:16

Turns out my lover has his strong beliefs...

Not his trombalezzz

hmm

Buzzardbird Sat 02-Feb-13 10:03:16

A "deathrow hard-on" always confused me too! I assumed it was caused by the effects of the chair! shock

On Tears Are Not Enough I thought there was a bit that said 'yes you showed your penis, yes you showed your chuff' shockblush

And meatballs is hit that perfect beat-bronski beat.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now