Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

To hate hate hate having tiny boobs

(157 Posts)
Alwaysasking Fri 01-Feb-13 17:48:13

Without a highly padded bra my chest is completely flat - like a bloke. I am relatively small framed but I hate my lack of boobs sooo much. My friends always go on about how 'lucky' I am because big boobs are painful/annoying etc but in reality I would be delighted to have C or even B cups which I don't imagine to be hard to live with!

AIBU to hate having small boobs? I hate that I live in 'Abracadabra Bras', hate that I can't wear a bikini because I look ridiculous. I don't know anyone else as flat as me!

MrsKoala England Fri 01-Feb-13 19:39:12

Well atm my measurements are skewed because one the one bfing boob. I am wearing a nursing bra which is the comfiest I have ever been. It's stretchy in xl and I think you can convert it to a normal bra too. It's not very sexy tho!

Peka Fri 01-Feb-13 19:40:29

Oh please will someone take some of my boobs? Am 23 weeks pg and running out of bra sizes already. And it's not even practical for bf!! Am dreading the first 6 weeks of agony bc nipple too big to fit newborn mouth ouch! DH said it looked like the millennium falcon docking into a Death Star with DS1. Not amused.

specialsubject Fri 01-Feb-13 19:42:21

frillyflower - I disagree. None of us is perfect, but the 'I hate my....' thing should be grown out of by about 15.

just seems really juvenile, and I don't think this is a kiddy site.

SorrelForbes Fri 01-Feb-13 19:46:56

Bravissimo, BraStop, Figleaves all stock 30 backs. Ebay is often a good place to find unusual sizes.

Callycat Fri 01-Feb-13 19:55:21

Sorrel Hi again! Thanks for your suggestion. That size doesn't fit, though, whereas AA fits like a dream. We have had this chat before, on another thread ;)

Porkster Fri 01-Feb-13 20:07:13

I had very small boobs until I had children.

I am now a 32 DD; this isn't exactly huge but I would love, love to have my old small boobs back.

I hate having to wear a bra, although I am hugely thankful that my boobs are very perky & past 40, still pass the pencil test.

I am determined to get down to 8 stone something, in the hope that my boobs will go.

(I'll probably just get sunken cheekbones)

andubelievedthat Fri 01-Feb-13 20:08:18

Well i was a 70"s punk rock chick and as soon as the "Patti Smith album and specifically the cover was being plastered in every record shop window cos she was hailed as the mother of "punk /attitude" i purchased a (2nd hand!) white shirt!>> album covers ,/record shops , a flat chested girls saviour !

GregBishopsBottomBitch Fri 01-Feb-13 20:09:21

I have 38F, i fecking hate them, so annoying, heavy and hard to get into nice tops.

SorrelForbes Fri 01-Feb-13 20:27:52

Callycat Ah yes, it's coming back to me now wink

Just out of pure stubbornness interest, did you try a 28A? That would be the same cup volume as a 30AA.

Callycat Fri 01-Feb-13 20:33:56

Hi Sorrel! I could try, but to be honest I've found that AA is really comfortable, so I don't

Callycat Fri 01-Feb-13 20:36:22

Hi Sorrel! I could try, but to be honest I've found that AA is really comfortable, so I don't feed the need to change.

Your advice has clearly helped lots of other ladies, so I don't mean to dismiss it! But I have never had trouble finding bra's to fit.

I got the feeling OP was unhappy with what she saw in the mirror, rather than the number on her bra. I just wanted to try to reassure her smile

whateveritakes Fri 01-Feb-13 20:40:08

Op I'm sure there must be a way to change your thinking. There is nowt wrong with being flat or bouncy.
I recently had an op on my hideously ugly feet. Funny enough they are now just as ugly (permanently misshapen) and have massive scars but I don't mind getting them out now because it's the doctors fault their are grim and not mine!
IMO it has nothing to do with how you actually look but that you feel your boobs imply something about you. Perhaps you find a group of equally flat ladies so you get used to feeling normal not unfeminine?

SorrelForbes Fri 01-Feb-13 20:41:03

Oh absolutely Callycat. Hey, comfort is so important IMHO (although I often sacrifice it for a bit of uplift!).

Sorry OP - didn't intend to hijack blush.

LeftyLucy Fri 01-Feb-13 20:43:49

I'm small boobed and very happy. Strangely so because I'm always looking for something about myself to hate! I'm 47 and they still look pretty good. They suit my style and if I wear any kind of padded bra I don't like the way clothes hang on me.

I can't imagine running or doing any exercise with big tits, it must be a bit of a nightmare.

I hope you learn to love them OP.

autumnmum Fri 01-Feb-13 20:43:59

OP sorry to put a downer on this thread but I have spent the day with my friend who is having chemo for breast cancer. Stand in front of the mirror, look at your boobs and rejoice that they are healthy.

frillyflower Fri 01-Feb-13 20:55:27

Special subject then we will have to agree to disagree. I think people can hate things or love things at any age. It's not childish or adult - it's just what it is. You have a weird attitude in my opinion.

Zappo Fri 01-Feb-13 20:57:03
SorrelForbes Fri 01-Feb-13 21:03:41

I can't imagine running or doing any exercise with big tits

Tis a very serious undertaking involving much underwiring and yards of heavy duty lycra grin

BarredfromhavingStella Fri 01-Feb-13 21:08:55

OP, have to disagree about the being unable to 'look slutty' with small boobs- anyone can look slutty, prefer sultry myself which can also be achieved whatever your shape wink

ArielThePiraticalMermaid Fri 01-Feb-13 21:09:45

autumn sad sad. Your poor friend.

Bunbaker Fri 01-Feb-13 21:24:39

"I'm about average & always wanted to be flat-chested. Seems brilliant to me. What's not to like?"

a) Being out of proportion
b) Clothes don't fit properly - they gape or sag emptily in the boob area.
c) Being called skinny all the time (I'm not skinny I'm slim) just because I don't have any boobs
d) Not able to wear low cut tops
e) Looking crap in a bikini
f) I look like a boy if I don't wear a bra.

I have always wanted to have another inch or two in the boob area, but haven't let it ruin my life. At 54 I'm as perky as I was 40 years ago, and I managed to successfully BF DD for 6 months.

Thanks to Sorrel's advice I am now wearing 32B instead of 34A bras. They haven't made any difference to my silhouette, but I feel good wearing a B.

Why are women so big these days? Are they overweight? Is it the growth hormones used in meat production?

Theicingontop Fri 01-Feb-13 21:32:18

and i hate people looking south when they talk to me!

And they think they're being subtle. So annoying angry

OP, I'm a 34 G, and would love a B or C cup too. I'm looking into a reduction once I'm finished with breastfeeding my second child. YANBU at all.

iloveeverton Fri 01-Feb-13 21:37:11

I am at peace with my 32a pair! Went up to a 38G when early bf and it was painful!

Mine are obv quite saggy after and dh offered to pay for a boob job cause I was v unhappy for a while but I don't care anymore. I run a lot and they don't get in the way, I'm small framed 6-8 so I would probably look odd any bigger.

SorrelForbes Fri 01-Feb-13 21:41:23

Autumn - that does put things into persepctive somewhat sad

SorrelForbes Fri 01-Feb-13 21:42:41

iloveeverton TBH if you're a small framed 6-8 then you almost certainly need a smaller band. I'm a very stocky 10/12 and wear a 30 band (G cup mind you!).

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now