To hate hate hate having tiny boobs

(157 Posts)
Alwaysasking Fri 01-Feb-13 17:48:13

Without a highly padded bra my chest is completely flat - like a bloke. I am relatively small framed but I hate my lack of boobs sooo much. My friends always go on about how 'lucky' I am because big boobs are painful/annoying etc but in reality I would be delighted to have C or even B cups which I don't imagine to be hard to live with!

AIBU to hate having small boobs? I hate that I live in 'Abracadabra Bras', hate that I can't wear a bikini because I look ridiculous. I don't know anyone else as flat as me!

Fluffeh Fri 01-Feb-13 18:42:16

YANBU I hate my usual (non pregnant) boobs! They don't exist.
Right now I'm a D cup and its fantastic but I've been warned they'll flatten back to an A cup after breast feeding sad.
I've had CBT and counselling and still hate them. And as for the healthy body comments - I don't have that either. I'm blind and have long term health issues and if I could fix one thing it would be my boobs. Simply because my confidence is amazing now my boobs exist, before pregnancy I felt horrible most days.
Everyone is entitled to like/dislike whatever they choose about their own body.

A tit thread just what I need.

I'm on a hunt for my sister she needs bras but we can't find any that fit she measures 26.5" back and 30" breast, she is using 32C ATM because m&s said that was her size (I wish they're give up measuring women, I'm sure they're the reason most women are wearing the wrong size)

Can any one link me to somewhere that sells small sizes, and not too expensive please.

Alwaysasking Fri 01-Feb-13 18:45:31

Haha I'll agree with the comment about not being able to look slutty! That is impossible with a flat chest in my experience!

I'm going to look into shift dresses. The thing is while I'm relatively small, I'm not skinny enough for the Audrey Hepburn look! I'm a size 10 on top, luckily I have curvy hips. I have one other flat chested friend but she's a size 6 and dark so looks beautiful whereas I look out of proportion sad

EvenIfYouSeeAPoppy Fri 01-Feb-13 18:46:42

I'm really flat - I mostly go braless tbh - and I mostly find it very convenient. It was fab for bf as I could do it with baby in a sling while walking around etc.
I wear an AA or A cup when I wear a bra - thank you for that link and info, Sorrel, I had v little idea - and it never ever fills it out. With clothes on you can see two little bumps and that's it.

The time I've felt saddest about it was when I had to return a really lovely and bargainous dress I'd ordered because it gaped. But I don't think my breasts in themselves are particularly unaesthetic (or particularly aesthetic tbh). They juat are. I couldn't imagine hanging my confidence on them.

YANBU to want larger boobs - I sometimes fancy straight hair rather than my crop of unmanageable curls, or wish I were taller - but I do think YABU to hate a part of your body. sad

Callycat Fri 01-Feb-13 18:47:57

I'm an AA - 30 inch ribs and just under 31 inch bust. I like it, but I'm short and scrawny (despite largish ribcage) so big ones might look out of proportion. It all depends on the individual. And we can wear any tops we like. Excepr shirts, which never bloody fit.

I really detest my boobs. I can't really believe I'm admitting this but mine are 2 cup sizes different. At least.

But there's nothing I can do about it. So I kind of just brazen it out and hope that no-one is paying close enough attention to me to notice it!!

Figgygal Fri 01-Feb-13 18:53:29

Me too I'm 5'10 a size 12/14 and am an A cup it's shite I'm completely out of proportion sad

Oh and when I was pg and put on 3 stone they didn't grow or change at all and then bf was a massive disaster so now even more annoyed with their inadequateness

cashmere Fri 01-Feb-13 18:55:34

YANBU but I think small boobs often look better out of a bra as they retain their shape (even when the bra is padded).
You might be adding an inch outwards but others raise theirs a couple inches!

I have small boobs and hate the phrase 'no boobs'. I think it can make small chested women feel worse.

wintertimeisfun Fri 01-Feb-13 19:09:07

i LOVE having small boobs, one of the main reasons i am on a diet as they are the first to go flat smile

countrykitten Fri 01-Feb-13 19:10:38

sorrell - great post! I used to wear 36DD and how wrong was I? I am actually 32G! Great fitting underwear makes you feel and look good whatever your size. I don't care how 'big' that sounds - it's what I look and feel like that matters.

Really sad to hear that so many people on here 'hate' their breasts though. Whatever your size you are unique and should look after and love your body. You only get one body to live in so don't waste your life hating it!

countrykitten Fri 01-Feb-13 19:11:56

And for those who say that us large breasted ones can't find gorgeous underwear - wrong! Figleaves. Bravissimo (my personal fave) etc are full of lovely things for larger breasts.

SorrelForbes Fri 01-Feb-13 19:13:30

greenpostit Going on those measurements (I'm assuming you held the tape tight for the under bust measurement and loose for the across bust measurement), I'd say 38A (possibly even a 36B if the band rides up).

An A cup in too big a band will swamp you which is why I think you may need a slightly smaller band.

SorrelForbes Fri 01-Feb-13 19:14:43

Callycat On those measurements (30 and 31) I'd try you in a 30A.

SorrelForbes Fri 01-Feb-13 19:16:18

JustFoldingStars One of my favourite brands Ewa Michalak makes bras with removable pads to help with symmetry.

CheapBread Fri 01-Feb-13 19:17:22

I used to have issues with my micro boobs (not small, flat chested- there's a diference!) when I was aged 17-20 (mid 90s, height of Pamela Anderson/loaded/jo guest etc) but I turned 21 and thought bugger it, this is it, get used to it, I'm healthy and I'm not having an pointless operation. Wouldn't go braless though, I don't like having my nips obviously out!

Sorrel after your sizing advice I am on a campaign to get all the women I know wearing the correct size, I've come up against a problem though where can I find bras for a 26back 30 cup? All help would be appreciated

SorrelForbes Fri 01-Feb-13 19:24:38

Another convert grin.

OK, for measurements 26/30 you really need a 26D. Some Polish manufacturers (Ewa Michalak again amongst others) will custom make bras in a 26 band. However, I find that some brands do come up really small in the back (Bravissimo and EM for example) so a 28 might be ok.

Thanks sorrel, I will have a look, if I can find some my sister will be very happy, my mother keeps taking her to the kids bras, not good for a 21 year old.

MrsKoala Fri 01-Feb-13 19:28:45

Yanbu

I have dreadful boobs. I am a freak! I am 5ft10in and quite curvy but have no tits whatsoever. I measure 40in under bust and have an a cup. But because aim broad my boobs are far apart. I have been told there are no bras to fit me by every fitter I have tried. I am often in tears in lingerie depts. dh can't buy me sexy undies, nothing matches or fits right. And now to top it off I am bfing, but only from one side (left is broken!). so I have a dd right boob and an a left. So now I am looking forward to one fried egg and one sock with a satsuma in the bottom sad

ArielThePiraticalMermaid Fri 01-Feb-13 19:31:04

Wouldn't go braless though, I don't like having my nips obviously out!

^
This! One of the drawbacks of having microboobs is that nips are much more of a visible feature blushgrin

SorrelForbes Fri 01-Feb-13 19:32:45

MrsKoala I am sooooo angry on your behalf. No decent fitter should ever say anything so insensitive (and untrue!).

If you want to, post (or PM) your actual measurements (usiung the guidance above) and I'm sure that I can't suggest something that might work for you, then SC or HN will be along shortly <sounds boob klazon>

dizzy77 Fri 01-Feb-13 19:35:46

This was me. 32aa, they simply never grew. I was a big teenager and then lost the weight quite drastically, but "fried eggs" on the women on my dad's side, combined with "pear shaped" on my mum's led to me getting the worst of both worlds. I used to cry everytime I had to shop for bras as I always ended up in the teenage range, although after a load of my comedy bras got stolen off the washing line (mortifying) I found Little Women who at least helped me feel a bit more adult, even if I didn't fit the matching pants.

What happened? Sisters, I betrayed you and had them done 5 years ago. Not big, I'd grown up a small busted woman and remained one, going for a 32c (against the surgeons advice who said women always wished they'd gone bigger). But after testing, as advised, with little bags of rice in a bra in my preferred size, big norks made me look fat and besides I wore a suit, not a bikini, most days. Post-baby (and half-expected bf disaster) I'm 32e which is at the top end of what I'd like. When I've completed my family ill have them done again, I'd always planned to and since they're the dodgy PIP ones they will definitely need replacing.

pigletmania Fri 01-Feb-13 19:36:59

Yabvvvu you can have my 32ff any day f I can have yours

MeDented Fri 01-Feb-13 19:37:07

Where do people find bras with smaller back sizes and larger cups though because I find most shops stock the 32 + M&S style sizes

marjproops Fri 01-Feb-13 19:39:08

I hate hate hate having melons.

they bounce when i walk, they give me black eyes if I run ;-) and i hate people looking south when they talk to me!

Take mine, OP, please!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now