AIBU to just want to wipe an ass thats not running away from me...?

(29 Posts)
MrsWolowitzerables Fri 01-Feb-13 16:27:53

Once. Just once, It would be great to be able to change one of the twins nappies without being at a steady jogging pace.

On the rare occaision that I manage to stop them from getting on their feet mid-nappy change (by using a hold that looks a bit like I'm shearing a sheep) they squirm and wriggle and invariably manage to wipe all the crap thats on their arse-cheeks all over the shop. Not to mention doing everything in their power to dip their heels or, if they can possibly reach, their fingers in the poo.

Why? AIBU to want them to potty train NOW, either that or learn to change their own stinking nappies?

Pah.

Geekster Fri 01-Feb-13 19:05:07

So glad it's not just me that has this problem!

BigRedDebby Fri 01-Feb-13 19:18:04

When my DD2 was 6 mths old she had an excremental art session all over the living room carpet and the fire guard. I had just taken off her nappy and left the room to put DD1 in the shower (the bathroom was downstairs). I came back to find that in 30 seconds she had managed to coat herself, the rug and was busy painting the fire guard.
I thought that I may as well put her in the shower as it was running, so walked with her( at arms length ) into the bathroom. My 3 yo saw her sister covered in poo coming towards her and took evasive action by jumping sideways out of the shower, catching the shower curtain and bringing it and the shower rail crashing down and spraying the whole bathroom with water.
Needless to say that is when the postman rang the bell......

AbbyCat Fri 01-Feb-13 19:21:16

That's what iPhones and cbeebies is for! I used to struggle through pregnancy with this until a friend admitted to using his phone to get his ds dressed. It works a treat- ds will now automatically lie down whenever I fish out my phone, hoping to get his nappy changed!
Love the poo stories though!

I am laughing so much at "Two arcs of shit across the floor"

Sorry.

1 yr ol;d DS is similarly wriggly at nappy time. My arms ache and i am out of breath just trying to get him dressed or changed. I end up doing it on the edge of the sofa, one leg over him to pin him down and changing him between my legs.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now