AIBU to just want to wipe an ass thats not running away from me...?

(29 Posts)
MrsWolowitzerables Fri 01-Feb-13 16:27:53

Once. Just once, It would be great to be able to change one of the twins nappies without being at a steady jogging pace.

On the rare occaision that I manage to stop them from getting on their feet mid-nappy change (by using a hold that looks a bit like I'm shearing a sheep) they squirm and wriggle and invariably manage to wipe all the crap thats on their arse-cheeks all over the shop. Not to mention doing everything in their power to dip their heels or, if they can possibly reach, their fingers in the poo.

Why? AIBU to want them to potty train NOW, either that or learn to change their own stinking nappies?

Pah.

amazingmumof6 Fri 01-Feb-13 16:33:55

I shower mine if if they have rucksack poo (up the back)

MrsWolowitzerables Fri 01-Feb-13 16:35:08

Arf @ backpack poo!

Footface Fri 01-Feb-13 16:35:18

Use the leg hold

amazingmumof6 Fri 01-Feb-13 16:37:40

if you want to wipe an ass that's not running away from you - there's always your own! grin

Haha but I dunno, I would not want to be wiping a big arse!!!

amazingmumof6 Fri 01-Feb-13 16:41:01

how old are they? some people suggest you can start potty training at 9 months, so YANBU

changing their own nappies - yes that would be ideal!grin

MarianneM Fri 01-Feb-13 16:45:33

Mumsnet is really delivering today.

I'm laughing so hard I'm crying.

YANBU - I feel your pain.

MrsWolowitzerables Fri 01-Feb-13 16:48:27

grin

Amazing It's almost a shame wiping me own ass, its no challenge - I'm so used to having to wrestle with buttocks to get any wiping completed.

They're 2 so really should be getting on with the potty training but when I've tried there been no success at all. Only an "uh-oh, oh dear" when they've curled one out on the floor or are happily splashing in a puddle of wee. Pesky little people!

amazingmumof6 Fri 01-Feb-13 17:50:03

you could then forget about the potty and try the toilet instead, with the kiddy soft seat ring thing on top (can't remember the name)

mine never were a big fan of potty, DS1 couldn't be bothered, he preferred a nappy and went on the toilet when he was 3 - out of daytime nappies in a week.
DS2 was a chubby lad, so the very first time he sit on a potty and did a wee then stood up, he freaked out coz the potty got stuck on his bottom, with wee trickling down his leg!
he was sobbing as he tried to shake it off and the next time he saw a potty he screamed, so that was the end of it.

DS3, DS4 and DS5 just copied the others, so not much effort was required from me.

other ideas - straight jacket, tie hands to radiator, sit on them, sedation? grin

PignutSalamander Fri 01-Feb-13 17:59:35

I'm with you on that op! My best friend said to me when dd was new " oh it's such a pleasure to change her nappy, so easy etc etc"
I thought what a weird thing to say.
Dd is 1 now and wow how I miss being able to do a quick lap change.

LeChatRouge Fri 01-Feb-13 18:00:47

My twins used to go in the morning, silently dumping before I woke up.

One occasion they took off their dirty nappies (helped each other unstick the tabs I reckon) and put them face down on the carpet by the door. How kind. The only way I could get in the room was forcing the door open creating two arcs of shit across the carpet.

Another time, eldest twin took off his dirty nappy, climbed onto the windowsill and rubbed his pooey arse cheeks across the window. A vicar was visiting the opposite neighbour and witnessed the whole 'artshow' and came to the door to inform me.

PinkPeanuts Fri 01-Feb-13 18:00:55

Are your twins my DD??

Kneel with the child on the ground in front of you, hold the right leg in a vice-like grip between your knees and put your left arm across its chest to pin the child down, with its left ankle/foot in your left hand.

Not that I have any experience with this, of course.

wink

amazingmumof6 Fri 01-Feb-13 18:11:07

poo on the window while the vicar is watching - I'm crying with laughter! grin very yielding thread!!!!

my sister and I had a "poo-art" session, both in the playpen while mum was cooking in the kitchen.
as the older and wiser child (16 months between us) I took off baby sis's nappy, wiped the poo on her head, playpen & wall, she was rubbing it on the rails and my legs then licking it off her fingers

mum didn't know whether to cry or laugh when she discovered this - or where to start the cleaning process....

mummysmellsofsick Fri 01-Feb-13 18:12:49

Hahahahaha grin lechatrouge

CrazyMegOfBedlam Fri 01-Feb-13 18:19:05

yep, got my sympathy, ydnbu. After chasing ds2 who'd escaped through the bathroom (ds1 open the door to come in and he spotted his chance to escape) through the kitchen and who was eying up the stairs whilst I swatted at his dirty bum with a wet wipe and was pleading with him 'don't sit down, don't sit down, don't sit down' last night, I would happily got back to the days when he just lay on the changing mat and screamed at me!!

BiscuitCrumbsInBed Fri 01-Feb-13 18:19:09

I'm sorry lechatrouge and MrsWolowitz but I've just actually cried with laughter reading your posts. No advice here but thank you for the laugh! smile

HeadFairy Fri 01-Feb-13 18:21:17

I'm not sure it actually changes with potty training. DD clenches so hard I lose fingers when I wipe her arse. Then she runs away, taking my fingers with her.

BornInACrossFireHurricane Fri 01-Feb-13 18:31:08

My twin boy (20 months) is a nightmare at nappy change (and getting dressed). Always screaming and trying to run away.

Argh. My daughter isn't anywhere near as bad although she is starting to copy her brother have her moments.

Cannot wait until they are toilet trained

asleb Fri 01-Feb-13 18:38:46

Yanbu, my dc3 is 2 and not interested in the toilet/potty yet either and can be a nightmare with her nappy too!

Once when dc1 was little I walked in his room at night to find him asleep in his bed, no nappy on, and foot prints of shit all over his carpet. He also had shit all over his hands and body (and was fast asleep mind!). Took about half an hour to find the nappy, he had taken it off and thrown it in the clothes washing basket(after playing with it of course!).

maddening Fri 01-Feb-13 18:57:45

My friend had a wriggler - she used pull ups

JesusInTheCabbageVan Fri 01-Feb-13 18:58:50

LeChatRouge oh, oh, oh! grin

Boomerwang Fri 01-Feb-13 18:59:29

Oh god thank you for the fantastic images lechatrouge really brightened up my evening I can tell you :D

My kid turns over on the changing table and bawls at me but no attempts to actually leave the table yet. Good thing as it's about three foot high.

Boomerwang Fri 01-Feb-13 19:00:51

Headfairy!! another brilliant picture in my mind!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now