WIBU to not tell her where the nearest Waitrose was?

(77 Posts)
CreamOfTomatoSoup Fri 01-Feb-13 13:48:01

I was in ASDA today buying my fruitshoots, pombears and billy bear spam. While walking down the meat aisle I heard this:
Customer: 'Do you have any organic chicken? You have free range but do you have any organic?'
Shop assistant: 'What about this?' (points to free range chicken)
Customer: 'No do you have any ORGANIC chicken, that's free range' (said slooooowly)

WIBU to not tell her where the nearest Waitrose was?

ShakeWellBeforeOpening Sat 02-Feb-13 19:34:16

I buy the curly kale from Waitrose. - not for me but my guinea pigs love it !

Arisbottle Fri 01-Feb-13 23:50:31

Once every six months or so we can be found in Asda, in an attempt to save money, wandering up and down the aisles trying to find what we are looking for , eternally pestering assistant and and getting stressed. I can never do a full shop in there. I suspect we look quite funny in there,

carabos Fri 01-Feb-13 23:39:34

Our Waitrose doesn't sell organic chicken, only free range. I want both so I buy organic because its very unlikely to have been intensively farmed. Free range is very often still pretty intensive .

Ok, ok don't get your pasta in a fusili twist.......

PoppyWearer Fri 01-Feb-13 23:31:20

But my Orzo is ESSENTIAL! since Jamie used it

<sulks>

angry

grin

HazeltheMcWitch Fri 01-Feb-13 22:22:45

<Channels Scarlett O'Hara>

As god is my witness, I will never be without reasonably-priced, rice-shaped pasta again. Nor rice (6 varieties). Nor dried pasta (14 varieties).

Essential Orzo

I guess it's a staple hmm

I can now report that Waitrose sell:

Essential Chicken

Waitrose corn fed ponced about a bit chicken

Free range frolic in Orchard chickens

and ORGANIC chicken

The latter is twice the price and more of the essential chuck.

BoulevardOfBrokenSleep Fri 01-Feb-13 20:45:41

I have Waitrose Essential balsamic vinegar in my storecupboard.

It does give me a little smile whenever i see it.

ChippyMinton Fri 01-Feb-13 20:42:00

A selection of Waitrose essentials:
smoked salmon
ardennes pate
pitted green olives
ivory dinner candles
limoncello dessert
coloured paperclips
brioche
tinned petit pois and baby carrots

floweryblue Fri 01-Feb-13 20:35:28

Not helpful WorriedMum, I don't think you understand my needs at all!

I love, love, love artichokes. DSS think I am deliberately depriving them of something to dunk into parmesan sauce.

Tinned hearts meh, whole ones yum, yum.

WorriedMummy73 Fri 01-Feb-13 20:23:45

I grind fresh artichoke into my blue pop and smother artichoke paste on my pombears!

floweryblue Fri 01-Feb-13 20:21:54

I am shock at people thinking artichokes are 'not essential', I am in extreme need of a fresh artichoke, it's been at least two years... Waitrose used to be my supplier, but since I moved to the wilds where the nearest W is a couple of hundred miles away.

doobedoobedoo Fri 01-Feb-13 20:07:53

NotYouNaanBread, I was crying with laughter.

Utterly the best predictive text blooper I have seen since "Please bring your willies." (Wellies) grin

HazeltheMcWitch Fri 01-Feb-13 19:34:05

Northern - please report back with your findings. grin

Isnt Origami what you get when you let your Fingers do the Walking ?

At least you could, if you ripped the papers out, I assume.

OP, dont be so pretentious. I get it, it is not funny.

Just proves you get numpties in Asda too, not just in Waitrose. wink

whateveritakes Fri 01-Feb-13 19:27:22

Actually their salt is the only thing I actively chose Waitrose for. They have proper nice fine sea salt for under 80p as opposed to manufactured salt which is 23p)

Alibabaandthe40nappies Fri 01-Feb-13 19:25:48

I love Waitrose.

We live really near to a Sainsbury's, really near.

I get my shopping delivered from the Waitrose 12 miles away grin

I'm off to Waitrose in a minute. Will look for the least essential essential waitrise product. Bet I can beat artichokes grin

Boomerwang Fri 01-Feb-13 19:12:46

Waitrose is a bloody rip off. I wanted some salt. Just salt. The only salt I could find was about 150g of rock salt costing £3.69.

Pff.

Oh yeah, OP, YABU. My mother shops in Tesco and still goes for the organic eggs and meat. She once bought a small organic turkey at Christmas. She said it wasn't worth the £35 she paid for it so now they'll do without.

THIRTY FIVE FUCKING QUID??? Am I a stinge? I'd rather serve up a six pack of those pom bears you lot go on about.

No doubt Waitrose would have had those birds on sale for £50.

blush

GetOrf Fri 01-Feb-13 18:37:29

lol at gabby's cousin from the street and Essential artichoke hearts grin

HazeltheMcWitch Fri 01-Feb-13 17:10:56

noblegiraffe Fri 01-Feb-13 16:23:35
But does Waitrose do value chicken?

Yes, it's Waitrose Essentials. They also have Waitrose Essentials artichoke hearts. This fact makes me very happy, that middle England may be having a credit squeeze, but dammit, they WILL NOT go without artichoke hearts.

Alibabaandthe40nappies Fri 01-Feb-13 17:07:13

GetOrf they lead you to the item in our Sainsbury's, it really annoys me.

Viviennemary Fri 01-Feb-13 17:06:32

I think Asda is really good value for money but I feel drained when I come out. While Waitrose is just so peaceful. At what price peace. But DH refuses to pay Waitrose prices. He's not paying half as much again for the same thing!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now