Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

WIBU to not tell her where the nearest Waitrose was?

(77 Posts)
CreamOfTomatoSoup Fri 01-Feb-13 13:48:01

I was in ASDA today buying my fruitshoots, pombears and billy bear spam. While walking down the meat aisle I heard this:
Customer: 'Do you have any organic chicken? You have free range but do you have any organic?'
Shop assistant: 'What about this?' (points to free range chicken)
Customer: 'No do you have any ORGANIC chicken, that's free range' (said slooooowly)

WIBU to not tell her where the nearest Waitrose was?

Origami has a LOT to do with the animal's welfare. To qualify as organic chicken the birds have longer required minimum times outdoors & rooting and have to be allowed to roost at night.

Farmers of free range can fudge it by keeping them in barns, so long as there is plenty of fresh air.

Not just hens though - for example, an organically reared calf has to stay with its mother for 6 months, I believe.

It's definitely not just about drugs/hormones.

Fenton Fri 01-Feb-13 16:17:42

And they have to be able to make a pterodactyl out of an A5 piece of paper.

<nods>

doobedoobedoo Fri 01-Feb-13 16:19:38

Predictive text quote of the week!

Origami has a LOT to do with animal welfare.

grin

It's why I gave my guinea pigs newspaper even when they were tiny - so they could practise.

bigbadbarry Fri 01-Feb-13 16:20:42

Organic chickens are also free range. Free range chickens are not organic. Additive-free chickens are organic but not registered.
But they can all fold a paper crane.

bigbadbarry Fri 01-Feb-13 16:21:03

Damn, should have hit refresh smile You all got there first.

doobedoobedoo Fri 01-Feb-13 16:21:26

This thread is moving along very nicely I feel.

<Shakes NotYouNaanBread's hand>

GetOrf Fri 01-Feb-13 16:21:52

lol at folding a paper crane grin

So it would have been fine if she'd been asking for ' Your most battery farmed crappily reared antibiotic stuffed old screw of a knackered for egg laying bird please' hmm

gordyslovesheep Fri 01-Feb-13 16:22:19

My cats can make nice flowers and the odd swan but they eat dry food not chicken

noblegiraffe Fri 01-Feb-13 16:23:35

But does Waitrose do value chicken?

andubelievedthat Fri 01-Feb-13 16:24:24

if u dont "get the post" why bitch about it /advertise your dumness?and if "these posts are getting ridiculous" go do something else with your day ,like "these posts are getting ridiculous" and "
i thought i"d spare a min to post a post so" s you all know!
and, this post is funny, imo , and learn, when they do that dumn fuck shouting typo, the mental imagery of said poster is a hoot >volume does not equal victory. garabaldie,anyone? with some mint tea!

doobedoobedoo Fri 01-Feb-13 16:24:38

Can chickens do origami?

Pagwatch Fri 01-Feb-13 16:25:03

It's great as well because turkeys can fold them into kitchen foil shaped like a swan before you stick them into the oven.

GetOrf Fri 01-Feb-13 16:26:11

Andu what the bloody hell are you rambling on about. Put the coffee down

Pagwatch Fri 01-Feb-13 16:26:45

Yes.
I don't understand the post so that clearly makes me thick

<folds napkin into the shape of a dumbass>>

Sal77 Fri 01-Feb-13 16:26:49

NotYouNaanBread is right, organic has a LOT to do with animal welfare. Moral of the story: if you care about animal welfare then buy organic, always.

MarianneM Fri 01-Feb-13 16:30:05

andubelievedthat

confused

Fenton Fri 01-Feb-13 16:33:15

<arf> at 'shape of a dumbass'

Booyhoo Fri 01-Feb-13 16:38:57

"/advertise your dumness?"

grin

i love it when this happens

QueenofPlaids Fri 01-Feb-13 16:43:41

Give me strength. I hate these threads. Saying a latte's crap or that you want to buy an organic chicken are both perfectly reasonable things to do ffs.

Some people buy less meat but buy organic for ethical reasons, not because they're wanky or have pots of cash. They might buy fruit shoots at the same time. (I don't know wtf a Pom bear is).

* wonders if benefit goats can do origami *
* wanders off to google Pom bears *

MarcelineTheVampireQueen Fri 01-Feb-13 16:51:45

*if u dont "get the post" why bitch about it /advertise your dumness?and if "these posts are getting ridiculous" go do something else with your day ,like "these posts are getting ridiculous" and "
i thought i"d spare a min to post a post so" s you all know!
and, this post is funny, imo , and learn, when they do that dumn fuck shouting typo, the mental imagery of said poster is a hoot >volume does not equal victory. garabaldie,anyone? with some mint tea!*

Seriously, did you just bash your face on the keyboard or something?

Fenton Fri 01-Feb-13 16:54:06

Is it Gabby's cousin from the 'street' do you think?

Booyhoo Fri 01-Feb-13 16:57:23

i think so fenton. it sounds familiar <flashbacks>

Theicingontop Fri 01-Feb-13 16:59:01

grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now