To uninvite Stephen Fry from my dinner party and invite Gary Barlow instead?

(99 Posts)
chicaguapa Fri 01-Feb-13 13:20:21

I have Stephen Fry, Eddie Izzard and Chris Evans on my guest list. But I really want Gary Barlow to come too, so I've decided that Stephen has to go. AIBU? confused

chicaguapa Sat 02-Feb-13 21:50:13

Stephen Fry always used to be in my dinner party list but I've gone off him after overdosing on QI

That's my problem too. I also agree that he might have poor table manners and that would ruin my party. In two minds about Gary now I've been reminded he's a Tory. angry

<Now has a spare chair so worse off than at the beginning>

MardyBraWouldDoEddieANDHully Sat 02-Feb-13 14:29:56

Not Nigella. DH would insist on coming and simper over her suggestively licking her chops.. If he wants a buxom brunette he can have me.

Do you think Dawn still tucks into the cake?

TeamEdward Sat 02-Feb-13 13:15:01

Oh damn, I forgot David Tennant!
<nips down to DFS to buy an extending dinner table and 8 chairs>

KurriKurri Sat 02-Feb-13 12:27:57

You can have the rest of him Fellatio - I just want his hair.

FellatioNels0n Sat 02-Feb-13 12:26:05

Alan Davies is not free that night. He will be handcuffed to my bed.

KurriKurri Sat 02-Feb-13 12:20:42

Alan Davies could be there just so I could run my fingers through his hair <forgets she's not invited>

Stephen Fry always used to be in my dinner party list but I've gone off him after overdosing on QI. I think is prefer Alan Davies now. And Graham Norton definitely, and Mel Geidroyd. Not sure whether to invite her and Sue Perkins or whether they would have in jokes, might be better to invite people who don't know each other (so I don't feel left out).

Hugh Jackman is a good idea. He seems really funny and nice and could be sent to my room afterwards

YorkshireDeb Sat 02-Feb-13 12:14:52

maryz - good call! Taylor lautner is yummy. I'm potentially too old to think that out loud though! X

KurriKurri Sat 02-Feb-13 12:14:07

Definitely not Nigella (goes totally autocratic over chicaguapa's fantasy dinner party) Millican - maybe I don't mind her.

But the problem of the chairs still remains, Gary is no problem - he's playing the piano, with a plate of Iceland Prawn Crowns and a beer mug for tips.

If Sarah Millican comes, would she share with Clare Balding, or sit on Eddie's lap perhaps?
It's complicated and I'm worried that Stephen might have to be sacrificed for the greater good, because I think Desmond Tutu is must have guest. Have you got any bean bags OP?

HullyDragon Sat 02-Feb-13 12:12:43

You need 6 chairs sorry. As 5 have to leave and you get to keep one in the spare room for breakfast.

Maryz Sat 02-Feb-13 12:05:28

Oh, God no, not Nigella please.

Well, I suppose she can cook, but don't let her talk.

kimorama Sat 02-Feb-13 12:01:16

Yes Edam, Millican is very funny. And Eddie mair should get a regular slot on Newsnight

middleagedspread Sat 02-Feb-13 11:59:47

I always think Liza Tarbuck would be a great guest.
Nigella can cook, Daniel Craig on my left, next to Sarah Millican. Other guests not RSVPd yet.

kimorama Sat 02-Feb-13 11:58:37

Barlow seems to know a lot about pop music; but not much else.

edam Sat 02-Feb-13 11:12:49

I'd have Eddie Mair from Radio 4 and Newsnight - bet he can tell a few good stories and he's v funny on PM. And Sarah Millican.

Maryz Sat 02-Feb-13 10:57:15

Oh, yes, this isn't a shagging list.

I think the idea of a private delivery of, maybe, erm this after they have all gone home would be the answer.

FellatioNels0n Sat 02-Feb-13 10:44:09

Whoops I meant Chris, Stephen and Eddie.

FellatioNels0n Sat 02-Feb-13 10:43:32

I'm not going to shag any of them, we are going to have intellectual talks and high jinx. so why am I inviting Gary?

Hmm. I see your problem. What you should do is have dinner and intersting conversation with Gary, Stephen and Eddie, and then after they have gone off to their guest suites for the night, have Gary delivered to your room in a thong, clutching a bottle of massage oil. Sorted.

Maryz Sat 02-Feb-13 10:41:46

legalalien, thankyou for the invite but you can feck off, I'm not sharing my guests Though I think I might borrow David Bellamy from you for afternoon tea <ponders>

grin

You know, we have to get back to four, because otherwise they might talk to each other and leave us out shock.

I think Dawn French would be more amusing than outshine me, so I'm blackballing her.

mrsbunnylove Sat 02-Feb-13 10:35:36

ooh yes, desmond tutu! he'd be a good party guest.

mrsbunnylove Sat 02-Feb-13 10:34:38

op, please don't even consider inviting me to your dinner party! it sounds like hell...

MardyBraWouldDoEddieANDHully Sat 02-Feb-13 10:31:16

And maybe Bishop Desmond Tutu. He is so jolly, as well as inspirational.

MardyBraWouldDoEddieANDHully Sat 02-Feb-13 10:30:18

If we're adding more, can I please have Dawn French?

JeezyOrangePips Sat 02-Feb-13 08:05:00

Gary Barlow would not be getting the leftovers from my dinner party. He is dull, patronising and thinks the world of himself.

It's easy to decide who I don't want, far harder to whittle it down to just four.

Can I have a garden party instead?

legalalien Sat 02-Feb-13 08:03:13

Maryz that's weird, all your guests are on my constantly being updated fantasy dinner party list. I am also inviting Alexander mccall smith, and maybe David bellamy. Perhaps you would like to join us?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now