To keep using the wheelie bin my neighbour has stole from me

(89 Posts)
MariusEarlobe Fri 01-Feb-13 12:32:27

Hers went missing, bins are in a communal area as its flats, she has taken mine pulled it up to her house and put it behind her car.

Only I can see my number in huge letters staring at me.

OkayHazel Sun 03-Feb-13 16:45:39

RedToothBrush All the bins in Salford are bright pink for this reason too!

Ah the joys of wheelie bin warfare.

When I still lived in my flat I found someone had put a shopping trolley filled with bricks in one of our communal ones.

brighthair Sun 03-Feb-13 19:08:57

I never know what bin is meant to go out when grin
Luckily my retired neighbours do and put mine out and bring it back in

oldraver Sun 03-Feb-13 19:36:28

Get your bin back on bin day and paint your numbers on the bottom by the wheels, where no one will usually see it, so if there is ever a dispute you can say this is mine

montage Sun 03-Feb-13 19:43:59

Do missing bins really travel to Ireland? That explains a lot.

In the part of Ireland I live in we have yearly bin charges of over 100 euro, and have to buy bin tags of at 8 euro every time we put out a black (actual rubbish) bin as well. They like to make you pay for things twice here.

Then we have to pay for a new bin if our bins go missing too.

I knew this had led to a black market trade in bin tags (people stealing other peoples tags) so black market bins are the next step i suppose.

montage Sun 03-Feb-13 19:45:14

Incidentally OP, I learnt on mumsnet that if you paint "JESUS LOVES YOU" on the bin, no-one nicks it grin

shutthebloodydoor Sun 03-Feb-13 20:46:51

Ha ha same happened to me in my old house!
I actually lived in a gated area and had to leave bin out side gate near other houses.

Went to pull bin back in when come back from work - not there.
Wandered around back of the other houses and there was MY bin with the numbers half assed scrapped off and new numbers put over!! - so i dragged back to mine.

Cue angry dressing gown woman banging on my door (why she knew the code to get in MY gated area i dont know) cigerette waving in hand telling me I have stolen HER bin. I casually pointed out it was mine and she hadnt even been bothered to scrap numbers of properly. There was a tense 30 seconds of staring out then she about turned and marched off! the fucking cheek of it!

How exciting bin wars!! grin

quietbatperson Sun 03-Feb-13 20:57:32

Montage! grin

Well done for Standing up to her.

We've had this too my childish bastard of a neighbour wrote his number on ours and his and then put manky milk cartons in the bottom of both. We took one back but it stinks to high heaven now. Still makes me angry

MariusEarlobe Mon 04-Feb-13 12:11:25

Well she moved out this morning so maybe I am really scary!

IwishIwasmoreorganised Mon 04-Feb-13 12:15:19

Did she take your bin?

Bluemonkeyspots Mon 04-Feb-13 12:22:02

My lovely neighbours were given a new bin which dh accidentally pulled round our garden one bin day leaving our smelly old one further up the road.

They sent round their 3 rugby player sons to retrieve it and ask that the mix up did not happen again confused

I always thought they were normal up till that point, what is it about bins that sends everyone crazy?

EggsMichelle Mon 04-Feb-13 12:32:54

My neighbours had our bin for 6wks shock my DH went into their garden in the end to retrieve it... It was very full and very smelly!

Buzzardbird Mon 04-Feb-13 12:50:50

Gawd, reminds me of beach towel lottery on holiday where they fine you if you lose your towel so there is a constant theft of newbie towels when people head home.

stayed in some classy places me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now