To keep using the wheelie bin my neighbour has stole from me

(89 Posts)
MariusEarlobe Fri 01-Feb-13 12:32:27

Hers went missing, bins are in a communal area as its flats, she has taken mine pulled it up to her house and put it behind her car.

Only I can see my number in huge letters staring at me.

So take it back

Sugarice Fri 01-Feb-13 12:33:23

Go and get it back!

WorraLiberty Fri 01-Feb-13 12:34:37

confused

chanie44 Fri 01-Feb-13 12:35:42

Yep, go get it back, if it is clearly yours.

It's really easy to get a new bin. When my mums went missing on bin collection day, I called up the council and got a new one within a few days.

CadleCrap Fri 01-Feb-13 12:37:00

Are you in No 6 and is she in No 9?

CheeseandPickledOnion Fri 01-Feb-13 12:37:01

Why don't you just go over and get it back?

Foggles Fri 01-Feb-13 12:37:06

Go and get it! If you can't squeeze it past her car - knock on her door and say "I think you have taken my wheelie bin by mistake". She can hardly deny it if it's got your number on, can she?

MariusEarlobe Fri 01-Feb-13 12:37:45

I am waiting till she goes out because im a coward

TheSecretCervixDNCOP Fri 01-Feb-13 12:38:25

Yeah, I agree with everyone else, I'd properly noisily retrieve it and if she asks what you are doing just smile at her and walk away with your bin!

MariusEarlobe Fri 01-Feb-13 12:38:49

No I am a number with three digits, she is number 1

WorraLiberty Fri 01-Feb-13 12:39:19

WTF? confused

What do you think she's going to do, slam your head in it?

SkinnybitchWannabe Fri 01-Feb-13 12:39:24

Get it back.

MariusEarlobe Fri 01-Feb-13 12:41:06

her flats under mine but her front door is on side street if that makes sense.

Icelollycraving Fri 01-Feb-13 12:41:17

Don't be such a wuss,get the bloody bin!

Sugarice Fri 01-Feb-13 12:42:14

Go and get it, don't be scared.

It's your bin, she's in the wrong not you!

HecateWhoopass Fri 01-Feb-13 12:42:51

Just go and get it grin if she comes out, before she says a word, grin at her, roll your eyes and say bloody binmen, putting my bin here, look <point at number> it clearly has my number on it. What are they like, eh?

atthewelles Fri 01-Feb-13 12:42:59

Just wheel it back to your place. She can hardly come out and argue if your number is clearly written across it and bears absolutely no resemblance whatsoever to her number. She sounds a bit daft.

MrsBucketxx Fri 01-Feb-13 12:43:13

get it back, what the worst that coukd happen, if ot got bags in leave them on the door step.

shes in the wrong if its clearly yours.

Foggles Fri 01-Feb-13 12:44:25

If they are stick on numbers - she could be removing them whilst you are dithering here grin

Why is she scary?

Hegsy Fri 01-Feb-13 12:46:30

Just go get it! Bin wars are unreal in flats my DH gets so wound up about ours. People don't put there bin out and then end up using ours because he always makes sure our is out for binmen. He's now started taking bags back out the bin that are not ours confused I think he's got to much time to think about it.

Foggles Fri 01-Feb-13 12:50:33

I live at the end of a cul-de-sac of mostly retired folk.

It seems the highlight of their week is putting the bins out in regimented colour-coded order.

The bin men have great fun mixing them all up and putting them back at the wrong doors. It causes great distress. grin

manicbmc Fri 01-Feb-13 12:50:41

My neighbours kept using my garden waste bin (which I have to pay £20 a year for, for collection). Now it has a lock on it so the can bugger off.

Get your bin back OP and if she says anything, tell her to get her own.

EuroShagmore Fri 01-Feb-13 12:52:41

Just go and reclaim it! Neighbour did the same to us. And even scratched the number off (leaving deep scratches in the shape of our house no- not the brightest obviously). We reclaimed, noisily whilst glaring at the windows in case the thief was watching.

MariusEarlobe Fri 01-Feb-13 12:54:17

Numbers are in in paint, I can't get it past the cars as she has several people over,

I might go down and paint biin thief on it wink she's not scary she just has loads of people there at moment

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now