Beckham

(90 Posts)
thebody Thu 31-Jan-13 17:11:35

Aibu to think David Beckham gets hotter and hotter?

He is donating his wages to charity.

I love my dh but god he's just yummy!!!

Bakingnovice Thu 31-Jan-13 23:59:26

No he is not good looking and is quickly morphing into Ricky gervaise. He's giving five months wages to charity but will be rewarded handsomely in other ways I'm sure. More importantly, are him and Vicky ever going to pay tax here? I doubt it. We criticise amazon and Starbucks but no one seems angry at millionaire Brits who refuse to pay tax here for most their lives.

I've never really looked at DB but on the news he was lovely.

And- he's resisted the urge to do the TOWIE veneers things with his teeth. I like the fact he's got proper natural teeth.

And YY , his giving his money to charity. Good on him.

SoWhatIfImWorkingClass Fri 01-Feb-13 00:37:01

Always had a soft spot for David Beckham.

ripsishere Fri 01-Feb-13 00:45:26

I havent' seen the interview, I read it on the BBC news website.
OP, YANBU. At all. Not one little bit.

foofooyeah Fri 01-Feb-13 08:10:07

Id give him one for all of you! Have a real soft spot for DB.

BarredfromhavingStella Fri 01-Feb-13 09:24:30

Truly lovely & fit as fuck, has definitely got better with age.

The advert for his H&M undies range had me V hot under the collar...

aldiwhore Fri 01-Feb-13 09:29:31

Agree with Gimmecakeandcandy

Also I don't care if he's donating his wages to charity, I'd have more respect if he did it quietly, he's after a knighthood.

He can well afford to 'lose' £150k a week, which tells me he has too much.

Call me a cynic.

diddl Fri 01-Feb-13 09:37:04

Ooh Aldi-you cynic!!

Yup he´s losing more for a week than the majority ever earn for a year!!

chicaguapa Fri 01-Feb-13 13:13:24

Someone on mn told everyone to search for the banned bit of the book their bodyguard wrote about them. So I did They went to court to stop that bit being published.

It's on the internet somewhere. He's probably calmed down a bit now

Saltire Fri 01-Feb-13 13:18:53

I agree with aldiwhore - he is determined to try any means it takes to get a knighthood

willyoulistentome Fri 01-Feb-13 13:28:05

Well - yes he's famous and gorgeous and everywhere you look, but he's a good role model, does loads for charity , helped get us the Olympics - well perhaps he DESERVES a knighthood. I see others getting them for less.

Pancakeflipper Fri 01-Feb-13 13:34:13

I wish they were staying in the USA. It was nice to know they were well and happy but not constantly in the bloody media every day/week just for a new hair-do or new frock ( Victoria not David - he doesn't wear frocks in public)

Nancy66 Fri 01-Feb-13 13:35:35

not in the media every day....where have you been living?

I think we saw MORE of them in the USA than we did when they lived here

Mosman Fri 01-Feb-13 13:39:31

He's lovely but as somebody else said, I couldn't allow him to speak.

Pancakeflipper Fri 01-Feb-13 13:40:11

Obviously been living in on another planet Nancy66.

I thought it had been a lot calmer.

I must be sat with my eyes closed in the hairdressers whilst they handed me the Hello mag.

merlottits Fri 01-Feb-13 13:42:19

I love him. Lots. Gorgeous man.

Nancy66 Fri 01-Feb-13 13:45:57

he's had a lot of elocution lessons and his voice is much deeper than it was. if you listen to him speaking 15 years ago it sounds like a different bloke.

PickledInAPearTree Fri 01-Feb-13 13:47:27

I saw a photo of him in a magazine in very tight underpants and it made me come over all peculiar grin

Absy Fri 01-Feb-13 13:49:59

He's hot, until he opens his mouth I agree.

I mean, it is very lovely that he's doing this.

But - it still doesn't make up for the fact that the Qatari Investment Authority is just spaffing away money to try and buy PSG to the top of the league (they hired some dude for a ridiculous amount of money, and he's not scheduled to play for a year) rather than through hard work and talent, like Olympique de Marseille. <married to L'OM fan).

Samu2 Fri 01-Feb-13 13:54:49

He reminds me of my ex, not the looks but how he peppers all his sentences with the word "umm"

Hot though!

I heard him on the radio this morning, his voice is fine. I vaguely remember it being different, but maybe that was Alastair McGowan's exaggerated take-off I'm actually remembering?

LadyBeagleEyes Fri 01-Feb-13 14:40:56

I think he's lovely too.
And as for giving his wages to charity, of course they should name him, I would imagine they'll get even more money because he's endorsing it.
I'm pretty sure he not doing it for a knighthood either, it's almost inevitable he'll get one anyway, it's just a matter of time.

TiggyD Fri 01-Feb-13 14:58:03

Hotter and hotter. Shame he's ruined by letting people draw all over him.

Portofino Fri 01-Feb-13 15:01:23

I TOUCHED him once.

TiggyD Fri 01-Feb-13 15:15:08

Where?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now