Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

Beckham

(90 Posts)
thebody Thu 31-Jan-13 17:11:35

Aibu to think David Beckham gets hotter and hotter?

He is donating his wages to charity.

I love my dh but god he's just yummy!!!

GordonsAlive Thu 31-Jan-13 17:13:04

As long as he keeps his mouth shut I wouldn't kick him out of bed wink

Nancy66 Thu 31-Jan-13 17:14:11

he does get better with age....i would.

HoHoHoNoYouDont Thu 31-Jan-13 20:53:37

I think he's gone a bit 'off' physically but as a person he is lovelier by the day. Donating his wages to charity is a lovely thing to do.

Don't fancy him at all but respect him hugely for donating his wages to charity.

TheHaikuNinja Thu 31-Jan-13 21:52:55

Body of a God
Voice of a weedy aardvark
I'm afraid YABU

EdBird Thu 31-Jan-13 21:54:54

YANBU. Hotter and hotter

HollyBerryBush Thu 31-Jan-13 21:56:13

Small price to pay got get Posh a few months in Paris flogging her clothes - and possibly a knighthood for philanthropy grin no one ever gets a free lunch

Vinomcstephens England Thu 31-Jan-13 21:56:58

The man is a god. End of. Fit in every sense and now a bonafide saint - that VB is a lucky woman!!!

Garcia10 Thu 31-Jan-13 21:57:28

YABU

And have been sucked in to the Saint David hype. He is just attention seeking by telling people he is going to give his money to charity. Why not just do it and keep quiet?

There are lots of altrustic footballers out there, look up what Dirk Kuyt and Craig Bellamy have done in the past, but without the publicity that Beckham seeks.

Bowlersarm Thu 31-Jan-13 22:02:50

Damned if he does, damned if he doesn't Garcia What about the fact that he is raising not only money but the profile of the charity? I bet it gets a lot more publicity with him supporting it

chicaguapa Thu 31-Jan-13 22:07:35

Yanbu. He's getting better with age. And he's supposed to be filthy between the sheets

Garcia10 Thu 31-Jan-13 22:07:49

How is it raised the profile of the charity Bowlersarm? As far as I am aware it hasn't neen named.

KC225 Thu 31-Jan-13 22:09:59

#

Saw the interview. Given his wages to charity - yes, but as France has introduced a 75% tax rate he wouldn't have earned much from it anyway. Do celebs think we are stupid?

Vinomcstephens England Thu 31-Jan-13 22:11:25

Um, Garcia - attention seeking? Sorry, are we talking about the same person? I highly doubt David Beckham has to seek attention - considering he's one of the most famous men in the world, I'd say attention is pretty much what he gets every day!

So how about we applaud what he's doing - you cite 2 examples of altruistic footballers - There are hundreds others who do sweet FA, so can we not just say "well done" to one "pampered prima donna" who's doing his bit to help?

Lexiesinclair Thu 31-Jan-13 22:11:27

What Vino said.

HoHoHoNoYouDont Thu 31-Jan-13 22:15:37

I have met him a couple of times....so there!

Somethingtothinkabout Thu 31-Jan-13 22:17:33

Plus he's going to make all his money from sponsorship deals anyway, not wages.

Still, nice gesture and Paris has some devastating poverty.

Bowlersarm Thu 31-Jan-13 22:18:14

It's a children's charity in Paris and of course there will be a lot of publicity about it when he starts playing for PSG. He has a huge amount of interest in whatever he does. Or have you not noticed Garcia?

Nancy66 Thu 31-Jan-13 22:24:16

Whatever his motives - a charity is £3million richer thanks to him.

McNewPants2013 Thu 31-Jan-13 22:35:50

celebs are encourage to tell fans about charity donations, as it raises awarness of the charity.

"He is just attention seeking by telling people he is going to give his money to charity. Why not just do it and keep quiet?"
By not keeping it quiet, it sets a precedent, doesn't it? There will now be almost an expectation that overpaid sportsman would be churlish to not donate at least some of their excessive paypacket.

Well done DB!

FreudiansSlipper Thu 31-Jan-13 23:15:31

it's a nice thing to do

It gives him more press attention which he thrives off

many sports people do a lot for charity and do not inform the press every time or tip them off to where they shall be everyday

thebody Thu 31-Jan-13 23:17:25

How is he dirty in bed??? I just need to know before I drag myself to bed!!

Please??

gimmecakeandcandy Thu 31-Jan-13 23:55:58

No no no no no

NO

I just don't get it

At all

He is not good looking - just bland

And that 'tough guy' look he tries to do is cringeworthy

Yuk

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now