to be a bit annoyed at DH.

(25 Posts)
Whoknowswhocares Wed 30-Jan-13 17:40:34

Obviously whether or not you get a sticker for losing a pound or something is far more important than a rarer than gold dust counselling session..........NOT!

Get a grip. Yabu

nefertarii Wed 30-Jan-13 17:17:09

in fact, is this one of those reverse threads?

nefertarii Wed 30-Jan-13 17:16:30

I am sorry but yabu. completely.

whattodoo Wed 30-Jan-13 17:09:08

Your DH's counsellor probably has a packed week of regular appointments, with a waiting I list of people waiting for a timeslot to become available.

Counselling sessions aren't flexible in the way that gp appointments are. They are an ongoing commitment of availability from the counsellor.

Pandemoniaa Wed 30-Jan-13 17:01:01

I think YABU. You arranged to attend a WW meeting in the full knowledge that it would clash with something your dp is already committed to. Also, counselling is somewhat different to the "doctor's appointment" referred to in your OP. It may well be very difficult indeed for your dh to rearrange his sessions although it is not unreasonable to ask him if he could try. You do have to be prepared for this to be impossible though. If not then I fear it is up to you to rearrange WW or find alternative childcare if you want to attend your preferred meeting.

MortifiedAdams Wed 30-Jan-13 15:30:42

Im amazed that anyone thinks the Op is NBU.

I can just imagine the other way around:

My DW wont try and change her counselling session as I have started a different gym class because I didnt like the instructor, and the time clashes with her appointment

There would be a chorus of YABU

diddl Wed 30-Jan-13 14:56:25

YANBU if he hasn´t even tried to rearrange imo.

If he has tried & he can´t, then that´s that.

Although I can´t help feeling that you´re a little bit precious as you could go to a different session really, couldn´t you?

Alibabaandthe40nappies Wed 30-Jan-13 14:50:23

Wow - YABU

Counselling is always hard to organise, long waiting lists etc. Everyone else who sees the counsellor will have a timeslot, just like your DH.

Go to a different meeting, or just use online.

Surely you discussed this before you signed up??

Catsdontcare Wed 30-Jan-13 14:48:09

Given that it's a counselling appointment I would say it's not that convenient for appointment times to be changed without it causing a hassle. This appointment existed before you organised your weight watchers.

DragonMamma Wed 30-Jan-13 14:47:21

YABU if you chose a meeting which clashes with WW - your own fault really.

That's assuming the counselling was arranged before WW.

Even so, I still think counselling is more important than WW.

MortifiedAdams Wed 30-Jan-13 14:44:12

Yabu.

His.stuff was arranged before yours so asking him to rearrange is.BU.

Find a different class.

coppertop Wed 30-Jan-13 14:44:08

Sorry but I think YABU.

Your dh's appointments were arranged first. It's unfair to expect them to be re-arranged just because you didn't get on with someone else.

VinegarTits Wed 30-Jan-13 14:39:48

Sorry but i agree with agrestic

you cant expect him to re-arrange appointments he already has set in place just because you dont like the other class leader, you just have to suck it up and get on with her, or do it online

StuntGirl Wed 30-Jan-13 12:42:23

I think YAB a bit U. I think its brilliant you've joined Weight Watchers and are working so hard at it, but his medical appointment is equally important and is more long standing so takes priority imo.

I agree also that it may be impossible for him to change the appointment, counselling isn't like a regular doctors appointment and is often that specific slot or nothing.

How long is his counselling for?

Agrestic Wed 30-Jan-13 12:34:24

YABU.

Counseling trumps fat club. Find another group or do it online.

If its counselling then it's possible he can't change as that slot is agreed in advance when they start the sessions.

Bejeena Wed 30-Jan-13 12:29:29

No YANBU.

Saying that though my husband is not capable of making any of his doctors appointments, I have to do it all for him. Ok in his defence we live abroad and he doesn't speak the language as well as me, but well he should be learning.

I would just rearrange it myself if he is willing.

Oh and I am also another weight watchers success, been at goal almost 14 years now so good luck you can do it!

Vinegar, I don't get along with a particular leader so I swapped meetings so I don't have to see her. I just don't find her supportive, the meeting today is the only one with the leader I really like and who I feel comfortable seeing, shes really encouraging and I'm doing so much better than with the other one.

He can't take the kids, its a counseling session.

I'm assuming he will ask today if its possible to change, I'm just annoyed he hasn't done it so far even though I've been asking him to.

Can you ask him if you can re-arrange his appointments?
If he thinks it's OK for you to call the surgery then you can sort it out.
Men can be lazy so he may just need you to call to sort it out.
If he doesn't want you to then I like the suggestion of taking 1 child each.
Good luck on WW. It worked great for me - been at goal for years now!

Are there no other WW meetings in your area, perhaps in the evenings? WW tends to have a number of meetings in a given radius. I assume your husband's appointments have been ongoing for a while so it seems a bit unfair to expect that he change these appointments, although not unfair that he actually ask.

Perhaps as ninjahamster suggests take it turn.

VinegarTits Wed 30-Jan-13 11:54:41

there must be other WW meetings though, when i was doing WW i had a choice of weds eves or sat morning meetings, you can also do it online now too

ninjahamster Wed 30-Jan-13 11:52:49

Well, his appointments presumably existed prior to yours. However, weightwatchers is to be applauded so I would either take it in turns to take both with you, or take one each.

YANBU. Why hasn't he called to rearrange? Just idleness, or does he not want to for some reason?

Could he take the kids to the docs with him? Or could you take one each?

KellyElly Wed 30-Jan-13 11:49:43

Could he not take them with him?

He sees a doctor every 2 weeks, at the same time.

I joined Weight Watchers a month ago and the meetings fall at the same time as his doctors appointmesnts, I've been asking him for 4 weeks to call his doctor and ask if he can change the day or even time of the appointment so I don't have to take 2 kids with me to WW on the bus. (very small meeting room, no room for buggy, DD wont stay quiet during meetings and DS shouts to get 'out, out,out' of his buggy.

He still hasn't and now DS1 is ill today and at home from school so I can't go to WW at all and I've worked really hard all week in hopes of getting past a milestone I'd set myself.

I know its stupid and trivial but I'm trying so hard to loose weigh and it just feels so detrimental not going to my meetings and a waste of money too!

Obviously I can't change the whole meeting time but surely he could at least ask to change his?

Just feeling sorry for myself.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now