to feel insulted by the availability of a ginger gene test

(52 Posts)
HariboAndWine Tue 29-Jan-13 17:40:05

As a redhead I find the whole idea of this test incredibly insulting and offensive. I wouldn't change a single hair on the heads of my beautiful redheaded daughters either. The suggestion that one of the most defining physical features of myself and my beautiful girls is in some way a defect makes me envy envy envy

Mumsyblouse Tue 29-Jan-13 20:26:18

This test isn't going to tell you very much, all it shows is whether you have one of three variants in a particular ginger gene, and given that 40% of the population have it, that's nearly a 1 in 2 chance.

Then, you need to find out if the partner also has it (fancy asking your new man to take that test then?!)

If you both have it, then you only have a 1 in 4 chance of having a ginger baby anyway!

So, it's more of a fun thing, I wouldn't bother with the test, I don't want to know if I'm related to American Indians either.

lovelyladuree Tue 29-Jan-13 21:25:30

Hitler included gingers in his plan for the master race. Speaker as a ginger, married to a ginger, whose DD is ginger, I quite like the fact we are going to take over the world one day. Fuck 'em all. We fucking rule.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now