To ask what lengths you would go to?

(7 Posts)
ResolutelyCheeky Mon 28-Jan-13 12:43:12

Having just read about the Bali drugs case and seen that the woman's children were (allegedly) being threatened by the people who (allegedly) made her do it it begs the question;

What would you do to protect your children, even if you knew you could possibly die for them?

It's really got me thinking because I hate anything to do with illegal drugs/smuggling etc but if someone was threatening my child's life I am pretty sure I would do anything for them? Saying that I would just have reported them to the police but I think I am a bit naive about the situations people are in sometimes.

wishingchair Mon 28-Jan-13 12:55:52

I've thought about this too. Like in those kidnap films and they say they're watching you and will kill them if you go to the police. What do you do in that situation!?

ResolutelyCheeky Mon 28-Jan-13 13:00:24

See, I read about this thinking "well, she knew what she was doing/risking and it's her own fault but...
I don't know the circumstances where a person would take such a risk for what will probably be a relatively small payout.
She had no money to pay for defense etc so she obviously hadn't done this before?
Most mother's would do anything it takes for their children to be safe wouldn't they?
There again it could all be a load of lies, but gets me thinking...

I think in her situation I would have been more likely to go to the police and get put into protective custody, or reported myself to officials on the way through and explained the situation, or made sure someone got my children out of wherever they were and hide them away while I dealt with the drugs situation, she must have had some other options even if her story is to be believed.

I would do anything for my children, anything at all, I would lay down my life for them in a heartbeat, but in situations like hers there isn't only one choice.

ResolutelyCheeky Mon 28-Jan-13 13:11:55

I agree missy but I half expected someone to tell me that I have no idea and that there are circumstances where the police could not be involved.

lovelyladuree Mon 28-Jan-13 13:57:06

Tell the police, ffs. They know what to do. Durrrrr.

ResolutelyCheeky Mon 28-Jan-13 16:44:56

Please read the thread. Durrrr.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now