To get pissed off

(19 Posts)
MammaTJ Mon 28-Jan-13 02:53:48

I often show as being online on FB but in reality I am on MN doing coursework with FB tab open, so the showing on FB should not be taken too seriously.

Sorry What?
I'll repeat the question and then get pissy if they say "what" for a second time, unless they are my Dh, I swear the man has hearing loss, unless I whisper "do you want a cup of tea and a biscuit"

MsMarple Mon 28-Jan-13 00:24:10

Depends if you know they have heard and give them enough time to process what you've asked then think about their reply.

DH asks something when I am absorbed in something else, then gets humpy and asks again if I don't respond within seconds, is v v v annoying. My brain doesn't work fast enough.

If you think people should live on red alert, waiting to deal with your questions at a moments notice then YABU. If they are ignoring you on purpose then you might have a point... unless you are asking intrusive/complicated questions of course...

thistlelicker Mon 28-Jan-13 00:20:26

wink

LineRunner Mon 28-Jan-13 00:18:37

This is a typical text from my dear friend.

'So shall we hv drink on Fri if I finish at 3 & u finish at 3 but if you finish at 5 I will go to shop and take aunt Flo out so we cud meet at 5.30 but if not then we cud meet on the high street at 4 what do you think oh by the way i can't mke Fri.'

I usually stare at the phone for a bit before replying, 'I'll ring you in five minutes.'

thistlelicker Mon 28-Jan-13 00:12:30

Ali... Said person is good at reading messages and not answering them also! Or reads them says she is busy yet comments in a fb status 10 seconds later!!! Or u know they on fb as identified online as iPhone chat shows and u text and they don't read or reply!

TWinklyLittleStar Mon 28-Jan-13 00:10:42

YcouldBAbitU about texts. My friend bombards me with questions in one message. I answer most of them but may miss one, or not yet know the answer, so a prompt helps. In real life, it depends on whether they actually heard you, be it through poor hearing or being engrossed in another activity.

Alisvolatpropiis Mon 28-Jan-13 00:06:59

I also have a special place of hate for people who have read receipts switched on,read texts and then don't reply for hours. looking at you mum

thistlelicker Mon 28-Jan-13 00:04:30

Text message! When your having a
Conversation via text.... And in rl!!

Alisvolatpropiis Sun 27-Jan-13 23:55:51

YANBU.

It drives me to edge of my sanity sometimes.

grin

Serious response though: YANBU at all. Unless they didn't hear you it's highly irritating.

steppemum Sun 27-Jan-13 23:53:52

in rl or on a thread?

fridayfreedom Sun 27-Jan-13 23:43:17

Depends on whether they heard you, my hearing is crap so sometimes I don't realise that I am the one someone is talking to. Gets upsetting when people get cross, I don't do it on purpose!

thistlelicker Sun 27-Jan-13 23:40:09

Hahahaha .... No but honestly, how many times can u ask, get no answer, before ur allowed to be pissed off?

HoneyDragon Sun 27-Jan-13 23:31:54

What was that you said?

chocoholic89 Sun 27-Jan-13 23:31:45

No it winds me up too.

chewingguminmyhair Sun 27-Jan-13 23:31:36

Sorry OP, can you ask that again?

You do know what you are going to have to do now don't you? grin

thistlelicker Sun 27-Jan-13 23:29:17

If you have to ask a person a question more than once before they answer?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now