to think my friend was wrong for accusing?

(32 Posts)
SparkFadingSpark Sun 27-Jan-13 22:34:48

Went for lunch today with 10 friends, only three of us are mums. My friend brought her 8 month old baby with her (youngest child in the group)

We all adore her, anyway the friend sat opposite me was sat down holding the baby and the friend next to her was making silly noises at the her, when suddenly the baby starts crying really loudly.

The mum jumped out of her seat, grabbed the baby and said in a very accusatory way - what did you do to her?!

Friend quite gobsmacked and the mum repeated herself (again in an accusatory way.) Friend replied that she hadn't done anything to her.

It was a rather awkward silence after that. Aibu to think that babies cry, sometimes for no reason at all and that it's no ones fault.

BambieO Mon 28-Jan-13 07:31:37

grin at the shiny shirt seems baby has good taste haha

Goldmandra Mon 28-Jan-13 08:29:51

Yes, it is... in fact it has been longer! As minidetective was 20 flippin' days late. Lazy git!

shock

OP, if this was out of character maybe it was a bit of a cry for help. Can you talk to her alone and tell her you were a bit worried about her when she got so upset about her baby crying the other day?

ChaoticintheNewYear Mon 28-Jan-13 09:09:05

YANBU

I had my hair cut short and dyed blonde once. The minute my friend's then 10 month old laid eyes on me he started to cry.

I think it was probably the most honest reaction I've ever had to a hair cut grin

ShephardsDelight Mon 28-Jan-13 10:06:23

She sounds unhinged I would have just laughed at her.

Reaa Mon 28-Jan-13 10:10:30

I stabbed her with my fork
grin

BelieveInPink Mon 28-Jan-13 10:21:33

"Rolling sellotape around my hand"

I'm sorry, I've got to ask. Why?

TheDetective Mon 28-Jan-13 14:34:16

De fluffing!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now