HOORAY! Liz Jones Hates Me!

(187 Posts)
CockyPants Sun 27-Jan-13 11:14:21

Cos I was unreasonable enough to have DD when I was 35.
and I'm a bit middle class too.

The feeling is mutual, you hateful witch.

Jux Mon 28-Jan-13 18:48:04

blush wrong thread!

Jux Mon 28-Jan-13 18:49:27

.. But I would be delighted if she were to hate me too! I was 41 when dd was born, and horribly mc, too.

Well, I didn't have children till I was 39 because I didn't want to. I was having fun. I wasn't bothered about having children and I certainly had no interest (and still don't) in Finding The Right Man. I got PG unexpectedly and decided to go ahead, and it's all worked out fine.
Actually, I don't think there's anything wrong with delaying motherhood because you want to do other things first. Nor do I think it's a bad thing to have DC when you're young and then do all the other things in your 30s when DC are adults and off your hands but you are still young enough to do interesting stuff with your life.

ArielThePiraticalMermaid Mon 28-Jan-13 22:49:35

SolidGoldBrass, you utter fiend! Fancy having priorities other than procreating when you're in your 20s! Selfish!

Beamur Mon 28-Jan-13 22:54:28

Is she playing some kind of cliche bingo with that article?

Taffeta Mon 28-Jan-13 22:59:22

Man , that woman has ishoos.

Chubfuddler Mon 28-Jan-13 23:00:55

I don't think anyone who would give a chicken chemotherapy can claim with any truth to be an animal lover.

There's a defence I didn't expect to write today.

Taffeta Mon 28-Jan-13 23:00:58

Oh and I would never time the online food shop to arrive when DH is around. It's one of the few things I like doing.

Chubfuddler Mon 28-Jan-13 23:01:04

Sentence

Arthurfowlersallotment Mon 28-Jan-13 23:15:04

Does anyone else find the names she gives her substitute children animals really annoying? Mini puppy? Fuck off.

wreckedone Tue 29-Jan-13 21:00:11

She doesn't hate me-I had my lad at 28. But I hate her, this is how she describes her own mother:

She was disabled, too, so my only memory of her when I was growing up was one of fatigue and pain. She never once spoke to me about sex, or boys, or bras. I was always afraid she was going to die; now, given her dementia, I’m afraid she won’t.

shallweshop Tue 29-Jan-13 21:02:31

She sounds a bit unhinged!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now