To think the ice-cream van is a bit premature...

(33 Posts)
BigPigLittlePig Sat 26-Jan-13 23:00:05

...especially given that there's still snow on the ground?

Flobbadobs Sun 27-Jan-13 10:09:22

Man. Ice cream man, not ma...

ResolutelyCheeky Sun 27-Jan-13 10:16:57

Did you get off with one last night op and he was a little disappointing? grin

Fakebook Sun 27-Jan-13 10:49:58

I must live in a ball of cotton wool then.

Cortana Sun 27-Jan-13 10:55:37

We're in Scotland, Mr Whippy round every night with his ice creams, milk, bread, dodgy fags, knock off booze and I also suspect drugs given his clientele.

Cortana Sun 27-Jan-13 10:58:19

Not a bad thing though Fakebook, smile DP was 6 months or so when this happened but his Mam remembers it well, they'd moved from Easter House Estate to the Ruchazie.

CaseyShraeger Sun 27-Jan-13 11:04:30

I was once in Oklahoma, tornado warnings out and everyone tuned in to local TV/radio waiting for the official instruction to head to the storm cellars with provisions (the tornado eventually hit the next small town over), when an ice cream van drove down the road outside with its chimes going. I thought that was pretty hardcore.

freddiefrog Sun 27-Jan-13 11:09:18

There was an icecream van parked outside school on Monday afternoon and despite the snow and ice still hanging around it was doing a roaring trade.

DD2 was most put out that I didn't have any money on me

13Iggis Sun 27-Jan-13 11:33:13

At uni halls (not near any shops) the ice cream van came round at ten or eleven every night. Now I don't know if he sold drugs, but he did a roaring trade anyway in fags and chocolate for students wanting late-night sugar fixes. No matter how hard you tried to resist, Greensleeves would start playing and you'd be lured out the front door..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now