To hate throws

(64 Posts)
neveronamonday Sat 26-Jan-13 19:10:55

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LadyBeagleEyes Sat 26-Jan-13 20:43:24

I like teal blush.

pluCaChange Sat 26-Jan-13 20:43:35

I hate throws on beds, too. Between them, and the shark's teeth rows of little pillows at the head of the bed, there's a terribly stingy demilitarised zone, good only for perchinf, which is not what a bed is for.

Ugh.

pluCaChange Sat 26-Jan-13 20:45:15

perching

LadyBeagleEyes Sat 26-Jan-13 20:47:10

What is a bed for pluCaChange?
Mine, especially in the winter is about being warm and comfortable.
And what is perchinf?

2kidsintow Sat 26-Jan-13 20:48:34

My cat used to sharpen his claws on our fabric sofa, just on the bottom corner. We were a bit worried about getting a leather sofa.

However, he was brilliant with the leather and has left it well alone.

Unfortunately he is now rather geriatric and cannot jump as nimbly as once he could. The sofa now has rather a lot of scratches. You have to look closely to see them, and I'm tempted by the stuff that the cobbler shop sells that is coloured leather-cream for restoring the colour.

Darksideofthe80s Sat 26-Jan-13 20:49:23

I bought 3 today blush.
In my defence new sofa was delivered this afternoon and I wanted it to still look nice past tea time.

LadyBeagleEyes Sat 26-Jan-13 20:50:32

Oh, cross post.
But why would you perch on a bed with a throw on it confused
And I don't know what shark's teeth rows of little pillows are and what you mean by a stingy demilitarised zone either.
<Thick emoticon>

neveronamonday Sat 26-Jan-13 21:35:18

pluCaChange Sat 26-Jan-13 21:44:28

Shark's teeth because there are rows and rows of those little pillow, standing up more or less

And perching because you can't really loll if there's only space between the throw and the pillows. And with the little pillows' being so slippery, there's no support to be had.

Sorry, I'm getting a bit worked up!

MrsCornflake Sat 26-Jan-13 21:57:46

I have one folded neatly over each sofa, I use them to keep warm in the evenings then I put them back neatly again each morning.

hrrumph Sat 26-Jan-13 22:40:54

Well they're not ideal. But when you have a big hole in the arm of your sofa and you can't afford a new one, what's the solution? Doily type arm caps? Or the dreaded throw.

DoingTheSwanThing Sat 26-Jan-13 22:56:01

YANBU. Sometimes they fall down the back and come up covered in dust

neveronamonday Sun 27-Jan-13 21:09:09

jan2013 Sun 27-Jan-13 21:12:16

my MIL kept giving me nice throws and after trying so hard for ages to make them look nice and dd keeping messing them up, i have finally got rid of them. now i actually just put 2 of dds blankets down to sit on on the leather settee and i think it makes it look really homey and cosy instead.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now