To hate throws

(64 Posts)
neveronamonday Sat 26-Jan-13 19:10:55

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

itsahardlifegodfrey Sat 26-Jan-13 19:12:57

I think they look untidy too, unfortunately, so does the sick and wheetabix megamix stain that ours hides wink

neveronamonday Sat 26-Jan-13 19:17:10

Milliways Sat 26-Jan-13 19:17:34

Our cat loves ours as he is only allowed on the sofa when there is a throw covering the leather. We put them on when the fire is lit to protect from heat/spits.

MrsRajeshKoothrappali Sat 26-Jan-13 19:20:13

I have a lovely throw but it's pinned to a wall.

I agree. Especially as when you sit down they collapse around you and owner of the sofa/throw combo spends ages trying to straighten it out around you.

They're handy folded up over the backs as snuggly blankets for when it's cold. and teal is a nice colour.

BupcakesAndCunting Sat 26-Jan-13 19:21:59

Teal? No.

I ahve sofa blankets but I fold them up and kind if hang them over the arms of the sofas. They would look unkempt draped all over.

Dirty people have throws.

<runs>

Pixel Sat 26-Jan-13 19:23:27

I know ours doesn't look tidy but our sofa collapsed and we couldn't afford to replace it, then we were offered one that was on its way to the tip but was actually in better nick than ours! So we took it, but it's cream fabric. With cat and kids it will last about 2 seconds without a throw. Hopefully we will get a leather one at some point.

drownangels Sat 26-Jan-13 19:24:22

I hate throws and always laugh my socks off when people ask for tips on how to make their home look homely and others suggest throws.
They always look like they belong in a hostel.

I prefer to have folded blankets rather than throws, so they're out of the way when not needed.

Sanjifair Sat 26-Jan-13 19:26:57

I hate sitting on leather sofas so I'd appreciate a throw if I came round to yours OP. grin

Pixel Sat 26-Jan-13 19:27:01

Why does that mean we're dirty?

BupcakesAndCunting Sat 26-Jan-13 19:27:25

Sorry Pixel, I don't think that you are dirty. wink Your reasons for having a throw are perfectly valid and fine blush

LadyBeagleEyes Sat 26-Jan-13 19:28:22

I love my throws, they're folded on the back of the sofa, and in the winter I snuggle in them, in the summer I put them outside and lie on them.
I have one for the dog so he doesn't spread his hairs all over the place though he never uses it, and one on my bed,
They have endless uses.

BupcakesAndCunting Sat 26-Jan-13 19:28:37

Cross posts, Pixel!

I was actually talking about people who use throws to disguise vomit stains/cat piss stains/dirty bum stains/Pot Noodle stains on sofas.

We had many throws in our student house.

Pixel Sat 26-Jan-13 19:28:38

Will let you off.
You will be glad to know it's not teal. wink

usualsuspect Sat 26-Jan-13 19:28:52

I have a throw on the back of my sofa.I like it.

FreePeaceSweet Sat 26-Jan-13 19:29:03

I bought an old, ugly but extremely comfortable chair from our local YMCA for £20. Our relatives in Pakistan sent us a huge handwoven throw that fits it perfectly. When its placed just right with the excess material tucked down the sides and behind the cushion it looks really nice and quite expensive (well in pictures it does grin) But my friend has a throw on her couch and it does look scruffy. Its a horrid wine colour that actually shows up a lot of beige stains for some reason. grin

zukiecat Sat 26-Jan-13 19:29:44

cocoachannel Sat 26-Jan-13 19:29:58

We have blankets, which get put away. My mum is making us 'quillows' for our sofa. They are patchwork quilts which fold down to pillows. Crap name, nice concept.

cocoachannel Sat 26-Jan-13 19:30:46

Zukie - are you my sister!? Have just described my parents' house.

usualsuspect Sat 26-Jan-13 19:31:04

I have loads of throws,my favourite is an animal print one I bought from down the market.Because I'm classy like.

zukiecat Sat 26-Jan-13 19:33:08

landofsoapandglory Sat 26-Jan-13 19:33:57

We've got blankets that get folded over the arms of the sofas too. Our house can be bloody freezing and I'm too lazy to get up and turn the heating up.

I'm not keen on throws that completely cover the sofa, everytime you move they move and end up in a creased up mess!

acceptableinthe80s Sat 26-Jan-13 19:35:20

Yabu sort of. I love throws, am snuggled under one with ds right now watching toy story. I keep mine folded on the back of sofa/every chair in the house but I hate them when used to cover sofas, they just end up in a crumpled heap.

Pixel Sat 26-Jan-13 19:35:42

Surprisingly the sofa isn't stained at all, which is why I'd like to keep it that way at least for a while.It belonged to an old lady who is still fully continent unlike my ds I'm not hiding anything, honest!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now