To send ebay bags to charity shop

(29 Posts)
brummiegirl1 Sat 26-Jan-13 13:31:28

I sold 2 bags of baby clothes on ebay on boxing day for £6 each. I put in my listing collection only and i emailed when payment was received asking when they would like to arrange collection.

I got no answer and still no answer after 3 more emails. In the fourth email i said that if they didnt arrange collection then i would get rid of the items with no refund.

Funny enough i got a reply back straight away saying they were expecting the items and i was to post them. I replied saying that it was clearly stated as collection only and i wasnt posting as there was too many clothes which would cost more than £6! They then replied saying it was free post and i was to post them. I said it was freepost because it was for collection!

I got an email back later asking for my details. I sent them and also asked them when they would like to collect them. I havent had a reply since and am fed up of the bags just hanging around as trying to make space. I understand the bad weather may have been an issue but i think at least they should reply.

Would it be unreasonable to take clothes to charity shop? Or would you wait a bit longer?

stormforce10 Sat 26-Jan-13 18:13:03

Brummiegirl - assume you're in Birmingham? What size are they and are they boys? If they're 9-12 months or larger and boys then drop me a PM with a link to the orginal auction and if they're what I'm looking for happy to buy them and send dp over for them though may need to be next weekend as he's busy. I'm not allowed to drive for medical reasons at the moment but may be able to get them sooner just depends where abouts you are

If thats all too confusing and complicated ignore me smile

PootlePosyPerkin Sat 26-Jan-13 18:23:39

If you did actually list the item as free postage, isn't that your mistake not theirs? If I placed a bid on an item advertising free postage I would expect just that.

Not everyone reads the full item description to be fair. Saying "Free Postage" on a listing is very different from "Collection In Person", which is what you were offering.

lljkk Sat 26-Jan-13 18:26:06

Come on, OP, fess up, which city are you in? If London I understand why they can't easily collect. If Norwich or Newcastle it's a bit pants that they don't come get 'em.

brummiegirl1 Mon 28-Jan-13 16:45:59

Im in Birmingham. Storm force 10, thanks for the offer but there are a few items in them sizes but majority are from newborn to 6 months.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now