Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

To not understand why so many people drive in the snow?

(106 Posts)
littlemisssunny Sat 26-Jan-13 10:26:40

It's a genuine question as I am intrigued.

The snow last night was forecast days before so it wasn't a surprise. It was gone 8pm when it started, if it was rush hour or something I could understand it.

People were getting stuck all over the place on main roads, the gritters and ploughs were struggling to get through the traffic to clear it all. There were a lot of cars on the road!

Also saw on the news a man who got stuck on the m6 saying it came from nowhere, err no it was forecast!

I know sometimes people have to travel, and my husband is lucky that he can walk to work, but I just don't get it?

I might be unreasonable but I genuinely don't understand confused please explain!

ComposHat Sun 27-Jan-13 21:52:02

Out of interest do you need to get new wheels too? Or is it possible to have the summer tyres taken off and news tyres fitted to the existing wheels?

WMittens Sun 27-Jan-13 22:47:33

ComposHat

You don't need to get new wheels, you can get the summer tyres removed and winters put on, then take the winters off and put the summers back on when the temperature picks up (if they're still in good condition).

You can get a spare set of wheels if it's an affordable option; some tyre places sell steel wheels and winter tyres as a package.

ShellyBoobs Sun 27-Jan-13 23:08:30

...some tyre places sell steel wheels and winter tyres as a package.

Yes, try www.mytyres.co.uk and click on 'complete wheels'.

ComposHat Sun 27-Jan-13 23:49:12

aw cheers I will. check em out for autum!

DrHolmes Mon 28-Jan-13 09:35:34

How do you think people live life in Canada, Norway, Finland, Austria etc? We had snow, i drove to work (40 miles away), it was fine. And i don't mean just a little bit of snow, we had a lot and everyone managed. I finished work on Friday and drove up to Aviemore through 3 foot of snow - it was scary, i almost got stuck but I made it and had a great weekend. Britain gets snow, this is not news and I do not understand why people are so shocked it comes every year! Open your mind. And get some snow tyres.

EmpressOfThePuddle Mon 28-Jan-13 16:51:25

Shaky is luffly.
And what Brian said. Sunny admitted she was being U.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now