To hope that it is indeed possible

(134 Posts)
Callmedoe Sat 26-Jan-13 10:24:37

To have a nice civilized conversation on mum's net. Free from swearing and all other kinds of unpleasantness. Where the topics of conversation are such delightful things as the Queen, tea, cakes and gardening, with perhaps a bit of singing thrown in for good measure. So Ill kick it off shall I, what is everyones favourite cake, mine is a Victoria Sponge

grin grin - cake matchmaker extrordinaire, that's me! Mind you, your waistline may not think the same way. wink

Callmedoe Sun 27-Jan-13 21:24:01

The title was quite enough Honey, back to cakes methinks

Oh Moonlight, oh dear, sweet Moonlight I think I've just fallen in love with your Gateau Diane. Thank you for introducing us, I know we'll be very happy together.

BrokenBritain Sun 27-Jan-13 17:01:56

Oh and my favourite cake is a raspberry bakewell, although my preferences do change one weekly basis, next week I expect it will be pear and chocolate loaf cake.

BrokenBritain Sun 27-Jan-13 17:00:01

Samu...marshmallow butter icing you say? Please can someone tell me more about this, how does one make marshmallow butter icing? It sounds quite incredible.

HoneyDragon Sun 27-Jan-13 16:31:21

please feel free to join me on my puppet thread, Doe. It's a very civilised conversation about favoured puppets and puppetry.

I'll behave now, promise.

Callmedoe Sun 27-Jan-13 16:21:12

I'm so happy and in fact proud that we have achieved 6 whole pages of civilisedness, excluding Honey's antics of course and that slight sponge/sandwich misunderstanding

thegreylady Sun 27-Jan-13 16:14:32

I just ate a slice of Victoria S [hedges bets] with jam and buttercream-it was a thing of beauty-which is more than I will be if I have any more of it smile

StanleyLambchop Sat 26-Jan-13 22:12:26

Another vote for Madeira cake. Also Profiteroles, do they count as cake? My favourite snack is crisps though, especially with wine.

Preferably cheesernonion flavour.

Molepom Sat 26-Jan-13 22:07:05

Black Forest gateaux and yes, I do tend to eat the entire cake by myself in one sitting.

Ginger cake with butter, served with a nice cup of tea and a jolly natter.
For birds, you can't beat a nice robin redbreast tweetling away.
Am very shocked to hear of no buttercream on Victoria Sandwich. I can't believe the WI are so stern. I feel, I don't know, a little ashamed of my past association with those miscreants, somewhat defiled confused

HotPinkWeaselWearingLederhosen Sat 26-Jan-13 22:01:30

AwkwardSquad Sat 26-Jan-13 21:48:36

Agnes reporting back! Scones with clotted cream and home made strawberry jam. Little finger sandwiches (cucumber). Earl Grey. Fruit cake, lemon drizzle (huzzah!) and banana bread. And some other jolly nice treats. It was altogether delightful grin.

thegreylady Sat 26-Jan-13 21:45:46

<<luffs dragons especially sweet ones>>
I am wondering if one could perhaps utilise the dragon to huff on a teacake so it is all toast and we could spread it with butter and...yes honey smile

HotPink - umm are you saying she may be coming back smelling of 'fundament' of Roses? grin grin

Badgers - It's basically a decent hazelnut/almond triple layer meringue with dark chocolate cream between each layer, and topped with a further chocolate cream layer studded with almonds/hazelnuts.

(TBF - almond is the standard but DM does it with hazelnuts instead and is divine .)

Looks a bit like this grin

EchoBitch Sat 26-Jan-13 21:22:30

Might link this time. wink

EchoBitch Sat 26-Jan-13 21:21:29

My Dad called them Fly cemeterys,i have never eaten one. [vom]

HotPinkWeaselWearingLederhosen Sat 26-Jan-13 21:21:26

<puts Honeydragon in burlap sack and drops down laundry chute>

I want to know what hundreds and thousands cake is

Callmedoe Sat 26-Jan-13 21:19:25

Sorry that last comment was aimed at Honey Dragon not anyone else

pixi2 Sat 26-Jan-13 21:19:20

I don't have a favourite cake. I just realised. Although Madeira and tiramisu come close.

Cake mixture though is the yummiest.

thixotropic Sat 26-Jan-13 21:16:09

I like a nice date scone.

Callmedoe Sat 26-Jan-13 21:15:54

HoneyDragon Sat 26-Jan-13 21:13:46

<<luffs GreyLady>>

HoneyDragon Sat 26-Jan-13 21:13:11

<<attires oneself>>

Dragons don't shave they buff.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now