To hope that it is indeed possible

(134 Posts)
Callmedoe Sat 26-Jan-13 10:24:37

To have a nice civilized conversation on mum's net. Free from swearing and all other kinds of unpleasantness. Where the topics of conversation are such delightful things as the Queen, tea, cakes and gardening, with perhaps a bit of singing thrown in for good measure. So Ill kick it off shall I, what is everyones favourite cake, mine is a Victoria Sponge

StanleyLambchop Sat 26-Jan-13 22:12:26

Another vote for Madeira cake. Also Profiteroles, do they count as cake? My favourite snack is crisps though, especially with wine.

Preferably cheesernonion flavour.

thegreylady Sun 27-Jan-13 16:14:32

I just ate a slice of Victoria S [hedges bets] with jam and buttercream-it was a thing of beauty-which is more than I will be if I have any more of it smile

Callmedoe Sun 27-Jan-13 16:21:12

I'm so happy and in fact proud that we have achieved 6 whole pages of civilisedness, excluding Honey's antics of course and that slight sponge/sandwich misunderstanding

HoneyDragon Sun 27-Jan-13 16:31:21

please feel free to join me on my puppet thread, Doe. It's a very civilised conversation about favoured puppets and puppetry.

I'll behave now, promise.

BrokenBritain Sun 27-Jan-13 17:00:01

Samu...marshmallow butter icing you say? Please can someone tell me more about this, how does one make marshmallow butter icing? It sounds quite incredible.

BrokenBritain Sun 27-Jan-13 17:01:56

Oh and my favourite cake is a raspberry bakewell, although my preferences do change one weekly basis, next week I expect it will be pear and chocolate loaf cake.

Oh Moonlight, oh dear, sweet Moonlight I think I've just fallen in love with your Gateau Diane. Thank you for introducing us, I know we'll be very happy together.

Callmedoe Sun 27-Jan-13 21:24:01

The title was quite enough Honey, back to cakes methinks

grin grin - cake matchmaker extrordinaire, that's me! Mind you, your waistline may not think the same way. wink

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now