Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

To hope that it is indeed possible

(134 Posts)
Callmedoe Sat 26-Jan-13 10:24:37

To have a nice civilized conversation on mum's net. Free from swearing and all other kinds of unpleasantness. Where the topics of conversation are such delightful things as the Queen, tea, cakes and gardening, with perhaps a bit of singing thrown in for good measure. So Ill kick it off shall I, what is everyones favourite cake, mine is a Victoria Sponge

Dothraki Sat 26-Jan-13 11:10:34

Stollen
and robins...............never thought I'd use them in the same sentence smile

PessaryPam Sat 26-Jan-13 11:33:24

I wonder which cake BupCakes prefers to punch.

Tincletoes Sat 26-Jan-13 11:39:46

Yy boxing, v true. Or SAHMs as all they do is eat cake (or something)

tethersend Sat 26-Jan-13 11:39:50

I like any cake as long as it's not fucking chocolate cake.

MrsReiver Sat 26-Jan-13 11:40:41

I quite like the coffee cake DS and I just made [mouth full smilie]

WorraLiberty Sat 26-Jan-13 11:42:19

I like fuckles cake

KenLeeeeeee Sat 26-Jan-13 11:43:45

I misread the OP's name as "Cameltoe". Therein ends my contribution to the 'civilised' conversation.

Victoria sandwich has to have raspberry jam and vanilla buttercream. No other fillings are acceptable.

Blackbirds.

Callmedoe Sat 26-Jan-13 11:50:17

Language Tethersend and Worraliberty! And don't even get me started on you kenleeeee (seriously who names their child that)!

Ooo its all getting a bit conflicty

KenLeeeeeee Sat 26-Jan-13 11:58:38

don't even get me started on you kenleeeee (seriously who names their child that)!

Whoever said that was my child's name? confused

Your parents, KenLeeeeeee, of course! Mine called me Bomburst and DH is a Baron. grin

Callmedoe Sat 26-Jan-13 12:03:30

No its your name so your parents presumably named you it, just like my parents named me Doe well Doris to be exact.

Callmedoe Sat 26-Jan-13 12:04:31

I feel very honoured to be conversing with a Baroness on the World Wide Web, tell me you Royal Highness what is your favourite cake?

KenLeeeeeee Sat 26-Jan-13 12:05:20

Nope, my ackshewal name is certainly not Ken or Lee. My username came from this: www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ld3hCJ5C8so

Victoria Sandwich! With raspberry jam and vanilla buttercream, and Earl Grey tea.

I am most shocked and disgusted that someone on MN is using an assumed name!

<recoils in shock and clutches diamonds pearls>

Callmedoe Sat 26-Jan-13 12:17:28

I know your Royal Highness I quite agree, I've met some individuals with very unusual names in my short time on Mum's net. I met a little Miss Stupid and a Moomin something or other. Although I did meet a charming chap called Hilary (unusual name for a man) and a lovely Rhonda Jean, lovely name.

Samu2 Sat 26-Jan-13 12:19:27

I just had a slice of Hundreds and Thousand cake with marshmallow butter icing!!

I made a gorgeous chocolate cake the other day. We're still ploughing through ot as it's very rich so what looked like a small cake is lasting forever, best cake ever!

AwkwardSquad Sat 26-Jan-13 12:28:52

Lemon drizzle cake. I am going for a proper Afternoon Tea today so I may report back on the cake offerings. I may have to have a nap though.

tethersend Sat 26-Jan-13 12:42:17

I thought KenLee was a place in Surrey.

Callmedoe Sat 26-Jan-13 12:51:01

I'm so glad that everyone is having a civilized Saturday enjoying cake. I knew that Mum's net was a civilized place really under all the fing and blinding

My favourite type of bird is a Peregrine Falcon and in New Jersey you get these amazing mouth wateringly tasty brownies, caramel and sea salt, they really are scrummy.
Can't remember who they are made by but I could eat four right now!

Callmedoe Sat 26-Jan-13 13:09:57

Now Maggie is a nice name much nicer than Awkward, do tell us about your afternoon tea though when you've woken up dear. Can I call you Agnes its so much nicer than Awkward?

ConferencePear Sat 26-Jan-13 14:07:39

I dislike conflict too. My favourite cake is which ever one I'm eating at the time.

JeezyOrangePips Sat 26-Jan-13 14:12:50

Kenleeeee is a song! (love that version ;) )

As is 'someone left the cake out in the rain' to get back on topic

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now