To hope that it is indeed possible

(134 Posts)
Callmedoe Sat 26-Jan-13 10:24:37

To have a nice civilized conversation on mum's net. Free from swearing and all other kinds of unpleasantness. Where the topics of conversation are such delightful things as the Queen, tea, cakes and gardening, with perhaps a bit of singing thrown in for good measure. So Ill kick it off shall I, what is everyones favourite cake, mine is a Victoria Sponge

Pagwatch Sat 26-Jan-13 10:27:43

It's possible,yes. It's also probably a bit dull.

Salted caramel cupcakes. I am a sucker for a fad.

Callmedoe Sat 26-Jan-13 10:34:39

How interesting Pagwatch, I suppose it could be a bit dull but at the same time there is so much conflict about on Mum's net and it would be nice to see some peace, harmony and dignity on the World Wide Web for a change

catgirl1976 Sat 26-Jan-13 10:43:16

Cheesecake

Callmedoe Sat 26-Jan-13 10:44:32

I'm never entirely sure whether cheesecake is classed as a cake or a pudding, anyone else have a view on this? Thanks for contribution though cat girl, its so nice to have wholesome talk on the World Wide Web.

YorkshireDeb Sat 26-Jan-13 10:44:47

Not many cakes I don't like. Except ones with nuts in. Urgh! And I love a good sing song too. X

CheCazzo Sat 26-Jan-13 10:45:13

Oooh I made salted caramel cupcakes the other day. Very agreeable they were too!

catgirl1976 Sat 26-Jan-13 10:45:52

It is more of a pudding really I suppose

If you would like me to stick to cake cake I will say Coffee and Walnut

Callmedoe Sat 26-Jan-13 10:46:22

Does anyone know a song about cakes?

Pagwatch Sat 26-Jan-13 10:47:35

Brownie girl in the ring. Falalala

Pagwatch Sat 26-Jan-13 10:48:10

A bit of conflict on the Internet is fine.
It saves us beating the children.

EggsMichelle Sat 26-Jan-13 10:48:35

I think it depends on which board you are on, the postnatal board is full of love!

I don't like cake, but I love cheese cake (had is as my wedding cake!)

SkinnybitchWannabe Sat 26-Jan-13 10:48:51

My gooey sticky blooming gorgeous chocolate cake but unfortunitely its far too many slimming world syns sad

Callmedoe Sat 26-Jan-13 10:49:54

I must confess I am finding this conflictfree talk a tad boring. Would it go against the talk guidelines if I were to go over to a conflicty thread and force cake talk and sing-alongs upon them?

PoppyWearer Sat 26-Jan-13 10:50:10

I like chocolate brownies. I like it dirty. <misses point of thread>

Anyway, with all this cake, if this thread does degenerate then at least we will be well-stocked for a bunfight...

Right, back to the thread. Flowers. They're nice aren't they?

MamaMary Sat 26-Jan-13 10:50:18

Has to be chocolate cake for me

Followed by butter sponge

Remember Black Forest Gateau? That used to be nice but no one makes it any more...

Callmedoe Sat 26-Jan-13 10:51:36

I was never a big fan of black forest gateau, too much fruit in it for my liking

Callmedoe Sat 26-Jan-13 10:52:05

Flowers are nice, I especially like daffodils

There's a Marguerite Patten recipe for a pecan and grand marnier cake with chocolate ganache, it's heavenly.

I haven't had flowers for ages, was hoping or some on my fortieth birthday but none appeared, poor me grin

meditrina Sat 26-Jan-13 10:59:27

There's a whole topic for The Royal family (usually tumbleweed central, though). And isn't there one for Baking too?

Don't think ornithologists have their own though - perhaps try The Great Outdoors?

I can't believe you're all just sat here talking about cake when there's so much else going on in the world! I really envy you if cake is the most of your worries (pa)smile

ThinkAboutItOnBoxingDay Sat 26-Jan-13 11:04:32

But only BF mums get to eat cake. FF mums can't eat cake or they get fat. And being fat is evil and wrong.

<<desperate attempt to introduce conflict>> grin

Pigsmummy Sat 26-Jan-13 11:05:13

We bad burnt cakes recently, that was a delight, although I am worried about what happened to the birds where she lives

Callmedoe Sat 26-Jan-13 11:05:29

Ooo ornithology is birds isn't it, we haven't talked about them yet, what is everyone's favourite bird?

I think mine is a Heron

Pagwatch Sat 26-Jan-13 11:08:31

It's not working is it Callmedoe.

It's sad but true. Outside the topics, we need the venting.

I just read chicken keepers and style and beauty when I need a calm chill out. Although S&B can get fractious.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now