To want sleep?

(29 Posts)
miniegg1980 Sat 26-Jan-13 08:33:45

Sorry for posting here, but problem seems to cover so many topics. (also posted in chat gor traffic)

I have a gorgeous almost 6 month old ds2 who is the happiest thing during the day but won't sleep. He naps during the day for up to 45 mins (1 and 1/2 hours on a good day) at night he's in bed by 7 but can wake again anytime after 8.30.

I feed him at 10 and then he'll wake at 12, 2/3, 4, 5, 6,7. Screaming. He'll then have loads of wind which sounds like a real struggle and eventually calm.

He doesn't always want milk, but just screams as if in agony. Majority of time after 3 he will refuse his cot and only sleep on me. He likes milk for the comfort.

He was doing better until he got a nasty cough at xmas. He still has a constant blocked nose which the dr has told me he'll grow out of.

I started weaning at 4 months as he's a big lad (and with ds1 helped him sleep) with advice from dr and hv. But its not making any difference (has stopped him pooing up to 10 times a day). He loved it to begin with, but now its like he can't be bothered.

Dh thinks i fed him too early and should now stop until hes officially 6 months on feb 4th.

I don't know what to do. Tried baby massage and gripe water. Nothing seems to help. I need sleep!

Any advice more than welcome x

miniegg1980 Sun 27-Jan-13 16:51:41

I feel i may never sleep again either! I haven't changed my diet, started thinking about it, read it would take 4 weeks to notice a difference and would really like him on the bottle in 4 weeks.....

We have tried calpol and nurofen and bonjela, hopefuuly hv can help tomorrow

roseum Sun 27-Jan-13 18:06:26

Could it be, since he is breast-fed, that he is allergic to something you are eating? I only ask because it happened with a friend - her breast-fed DS was allergic to all the dairy she was eating. She cut dairy out of her diet, and he was fine.

NumericalMum Sun 27-Jan-13 18:11:01

Sounds just like my bf DC who was eventually diagnosed age 2 with a dairy allergy and after two months on medication for reflux was a different child. We got no full nights until then. It was very very very hard so you have a lot of empathy from me.

miniegg1980 Mon 28-Jan-13 14:20:12

Just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has replied, feel rhat there is light at the end of the tunnel (though hopefully not two years down the line Numerical!) i have the hv coming round this week to hopefully get the ball rolling.

Am now trying to wean onto the bottle by no offering a bf until 10, then if it is a dairy allergy he can switch to different formula (was ready to give up bf anyway) but stubborn little thing managed an ounce which i think was more due to chewing than sucking!!

Anyway, thanks everyone xxxxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now