to replace my shampoo with something unexpected

(154 Posts)
HystericalBallads Sat 26-Jan-13 00:31:23

Have NCed as I'm feeling a bit paranoid about this.

I'm pretty certain that our cleaner has been taking showers and using my toiletries. She has been coming for 3 hours a week since September, she's my first cleaner and I've been very happy with the level of cleaning.

I thought I was imagining things at first, but every day or so after she'd been I started to notice that my shower gel and shampoo had depleted slightly. After a while of doubting myself I made tiny marks on my bottles and lo and behold, they had definitely been used.

There is nobody else in the household who could have used them - DS has his own bathroom and DH knows better than to use my toiletries.

I don't know what to do. I am tempted to put something unexpected in one of the bottles, WIBU to put some veet in the shampoo?

BitBewildered Sun 27-Jan-13 14:58:35

shock Nancy! That's disgusting!

Have you checked your butter dish OP?

Nancy66 Sun 27-Jan-13 14:28:59

when I was much younger I used to rent a bedsit in a some scabby house that had been divided up into about seven bedsits.

The landlord used to let himself into whichever one he knew was empty and shag hookers in there.

wigglybeezer Sun 27-Jan-13 14:20:39

My friend found her cleaner asleep in her bed once. She didn't fire her as she had been cleaning and babysitting for so many years, but it was very awkward.

Is that how you tell an elephant's been playing with himself in your fridge?

HecateWhoopass Sun 27-Jan-13 13:58:49

I think you should confide in her that you've got crabs and are going to have to burn your bedding because it's CRAWLING with them.

Coconutty Sun 27-Jan-13 13:54:39

I think you should put bleach into the pots and see if she turns up next time with 'homemade' highlights.

HecateWhoopass Sun 27-Jan-13 13:48:12

Really? how shocking. This is dreadful. you must be terribly shocked at this real thing that is happening to you.

What will you find next?

Pubes in the butter dish?

Sallyingforth Sun 27-Jan-13 12:17:56

shampoo or shampost?

FutTheShuckUp Sun 27-Jan-13 11:49:51

Load of boswellox

ChippingInNeedsCoffee Sun 27-Jan-13 11:17:32

0/10

Chandon Sun 27-Jan-13 11:12:55

Ah...just read about the hair,...

One of THOSE threads again.

I really should consider leaving this site, instead of getting sucked into all this nonsense.

HazeltheMcWitch Sun 27-Jan-13 11:08:41

I could never be a cleaner. I shed hair like an old moulting dog. A suspicious mind would think that I was either one of the 3 bears, trying out all the beds, or shagging everyone in the house.
Plus I am a slattern so would not stay employed for long.

valiumredhead Sun 27-Jan-13 11:00:41

What a load of utter bollox! The hairs are probably from when she changed the sheets.

DeafLeopard Sun 27-Jan-13 10:56:12

Arf at Felicity

Arithmeticulous Sun 27-Jan-13 10:51:45

I was going to come and make a very (if I may say so) valid point about viscosity of liquids and about weight being a more accurate measure than a line on the side of an unsettled bottle.... but I can't do hairy science. You need CCTV. Either there's social issues or she's nobbing your DS/DH.

NoelHeadbands Sun 27-Jan-13 10:50:50

Oh my sides. My sides. Really.

FelicityWasCold Sun 27-Jan-13 10:38:54

You need a uv detector wink

seeker Sun 27-Jan-13 10:30:46

<sighs for the days she had a cleaner>

This is so a troll terribly funny joke thread.

LucieLucie Sun 27-Jan-13 10:26:15

Op have you checked the spare bed sheets for any erm...bodily fluids??
Sorry but my mind would be spinning a million miles an hour saying that something may be going on at home behind my back with dh and cleaner.

Say nothing more to dh and the next time he is working from home and the cleaner is due - come home within the first hour of 'leaving for work' and see what you find.
Either that or install one of those nanny cams in the spare room wink

Hmm hmm really?

So when's the big reveal OP?

LadyBeagleEyes Sun 27-Jan-13 10:23:31

Really Op hmm?

whiteflame Sun 27-Jan-13 10:22:18

bizarre.

why should she be grateful that she's "only" using her shampoo, not pissing in it?

cluelesscleaner Sun 27-Jan-13 10:20:26

I know what you mean Deflated - if I read one more thread about the thieving cleaner I'm going to scream!

NorbertDentressangle Sun 27-Jan-13 10:05:58

Maybe its not just her that's been in the spare bed.

Does she have a boyfriend?Does she have her own place to take a boyfriend or could she be using your place?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now