to be pissed off that my dh doesn't know my eye colour?

(31 Posts)
staverton Fri 25-Jan-13 12:56:04

DH is at work, filling out a form and just texted to ask my eye colour. WTAF?
He then texted brown? He wasn't actually sure.
They are brown, very dark and distinctive.
My dd has eyes just like mine and they are commented on a lot.
He says he doesnt have a visual memory. We have been married 10 years (and are very happy)
AIBU to be pissed off?

StinkyWicket Fri 25-Jan-13 19:09:03

I think it's a bit odd tbh, I know DH has blue eyes, as do two of my sons. One has browny/hazelly/greyish eyes.

DSS has brown eyes like me though grin

zipzap Fri 25-Jan-13 19:36:54

Its a difficult question. I don't know what colour my own eyes are - if I get asked I say they're not blue. It's easier than trying to explain that they're a sort of yellow- Hazel-brown-green-khaki-grey-sort of colour with a dark grey circle round the edge and a few spots of extra colour in for good measure. And the dominant colour changes depending on what I'm wearing and what the surrounding colours and lights are. So when I was younger someone would ask, I'd say they're green for example and then they would tell me I was wrong they were yellow or grey or whatever.

What colour are his eyes? If he's like me and they are always changing or not a real definite colour then maybe he just doesn't really bother thinking about eye colour?

jendot Fri 25-Jan-13 19:53:30

I have no idea what colour dhs eyes are!!! I have just checked my boys to see what colour theirs were and looked in the mirror to check mine were brown as I thought... shockDoes that make me a bad person?

Infact I don't know my mums or dads or sisters eye colour!

Obviously not something that is too important to me!

apostropheuse Fri 25-Jan-13 19:56:33

I would imagine "What colour are your wife's eyes" will be a password hint. Perhaps.

Callmedoe Fri 25-Jan-13 19:57:36

Idris doesn't know the colour of my eyes but then he is colour blind

apostropheuse Fri 25-Jan-13 19:58:13

Sorry, not password hint. Security question to send you a password reminder type thing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now