Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

To think this is NOT funny?

(91 Posts)
MikeOxardInTheSnow Fri 25-Jan-13 09:12:29

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=557110590984258&set=a.377232688972050.101915.342559202439399&type=1&theater

I don't know what I'm doing with links, but if it doesn't work, it's a photo of a bunch of men caressing their beer bellies in the way pregnant women cuddle their unborn babies, in an 'hilarious' pisstake.

Am I the only one who doesn't get why this is so amusing? I'm told I'm taking it too seriously and can't take a joke, but I don't think one section of society should have to take being a running joke tbh, especially not at their most vulnerable.

These people have no idea about the experience and physical and emotional difficulties of pregnancy, and their show of insensitivity and ignorance is irritating to me. AIBU?

Tabliope Fri 25-Jan-13 09:56:06

I actually laughed out loud I thought it that funny. Some of those expressions. It's not mocking pregnant women, it is mocking celebs posing like Demi Moore though - I think there were two celebs doing the precious pregnant pose in the DM yesterday plus a few others recently posting pictures on Twitter.

landofsoapandglory Fri 25-Jan-13 09:57:14

I'm in my 17th year of SPD, still need crutches, had multiple surgeries on my pelvis and I found it funny!

I have felt a lot more vulnerable since I have been pregnant tbh!

KobayashiMaru Fri 25-Jan-13 09:58:04

I think its brilliant to see quite "manly" men (iyswim) posing in a traditionally female way. Rather subversive. Certainly not offensive. I think you may be suffering from pregnancy preciousness.

MikeOxardInTheSnow Fri 25-Jan-13 10:20:08

Alright blush IABU.

GilmoursPillow Fri 25-Jan-13 10:20:08

There's no MORE beautiful time in a mans life, than when a man is carrying a beer baby.
grin

ClaraBean Fri 25-Jan-13 10:26:27

YABU.
I don't see how it belittles anyone. It is some men pissing about with their big fat bellies.
Are you equally offended when little kids shove pillows up their jumpers and pretend to be pregnant?

DublinMammy Fri 25-Jan-13 10:27:57

I have a 3 week old and could still "tenderly" cradle my excess bump and I found it funny. YABU. They are taking the piss out of fuckwitted slebs, as has been said by a few people on here.

grin that picture is hilarious. I think you are searching for things to be offended by op.

FunnysInLaJardin Fri 25-Jan-13 10:33:49

made me laugh. I will have to get DH to try it out tonight

PoppadomPreach Fri 25-Jan-13 10:34:06

YABU. Funny.

HecateWhoopass Fri 25-Jan-13 10:34:08

I don't think it's funny (as in it didn't make me laugh, not as in That's Not Funny) but I don't find it offensive.

Fakebook Fri 25-Jan-13 10:34:51

I'm not clicking the link because I don't particularly want to see fat bellies. I don't think it's funny either, but only because i find things like that disgusting. It's not making a mockery of pregnancy IMO.

SamuelWestsMistress Fri 25-Jan-13 10:35:30

Hahahahahahaha that made me do a lol!

LittleChimneyDroppings Fri 25-Jan-13 10:35:46

Its not hillarious roll on the floor laughing stuff, but it is a bit funny. The photos are quite well done!!

RandallPinkFloyd Fri 25-Jan-13 10:36:49

Poor OP, yep yabu. Bet you needed someone else to say that eh? wink

SamuelWestsMistress Fri 25-Jan-13 10:37:37

Oh and Fakebook "I'm not clicking the link because I don't particularly want to see fat bellies"

You have won quote of the month!! grin

pictish Fri 25-Jan-13 10:40:11

Those are great pics!!

Come on OP - get over yourself just a little bit. Being pregnant doesn't make you sacred or owt...it's a completely run of the mill and natural condition to be in, and certainly does not raise any of us above a bit of good natured humour.

To me, the photographs make the men in them seem relaxed and open minded, while enjoying a little fun being poked in their direction.

You are silly to be offended.

AmberLeaf Fri 25-Jan-13 10:48:26

Top right and bottom left ones are my favs.

MikeOxardInTheSnow Fri 25-Jan-13 10:54:12

Being pregnant doesn't make you sacred or owt Erm... blush so that was just me as well then? Usually I can hold my own in any situation, but I wouldn't say boo to a goose when pregnant. I used to have nightmares about people beating me on my bump. sad I did feel scared and vulnerable, but it's nice in a way to hear that isn't the case for most people. Lucky you lot eh?

And I still don't get the reference to the cake thread. Don't think I even saw a cake thread.

pictish Fri 25-Jan-13 10:55:01

I like the beardy guy best of all. I would do the nasty with him.

Cornsyilk99 Fri 25-Jan-13 10:55:25

It's quite funny.
That type of pregnancy photo needs the piss taking out of it.

valiumredhead Fri 25-Jan-13 10:55:33

Ha ha that made me snort out loud, it's hilarious, especially the soppy looks on their faces grin

valiumredhead Fri 25-Jan-13 10:56:54

It's the men taking the piss out of THEMSELVES for having beer bellies, not them taking the piss out of pregnant women.

Cornsyilk99 Fri 25-Jan-13 10:57:02

number 6 isn't really trying though

YorkshireDeb Fri 25-Jan-13 10:57:22

Ah bless her - op has already admitted she was being unreasonable. X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now