Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

To want to punch this grannie in the face

(182 Posts)
debbie1412 Thu 24-Jan-13 21:49:37

We go to a stay and play every Thursday morning, usual thing toys for 90 mins then a few songs with instruments to finish the session. Every single wk this boy a year older than my son dives in the box and pulls out the 1 accordion. My son every wk wants ago on this instrument, the boy claims it. Then drops it to run off and play else where. His nan knows how much my son wants ago on it but she holds it out of reach from my son. It's so cruel his little lip drops. I would never let my child hog a toy wk in and out. Makes my blood boil !

KatyTheCleaningLady Thu 24-Jan-13 22:34:17

My middle child went through a phase of having to play with the Little Tykes car at play group. He'd run to it, get in it, and then after he got bored, he'd leave it... but always kept an eye on it so that he could defend it from any other kids.

It was embarrassing. I would haul him away kicking and screaming.

Incorrect - you would only need your Ruth if playing the bassoon,

For an accordian you would need the Paul of your hands & the Tims of your fingers.

I love accordion playing tortoises.

<tiny violin>

HoneyDragon Thu 24-Jan-13 22:35:16

I think it's lovely how much the op loves her son. There is NO FUCKING WAY I'd sit in close proximity to a toddler with an accordion - even my own spawn. I'd punch a granny in the face to get away from the accordion.

NoelHeadbands Thu 24-Jan-13 22:36:05

Quint can you please stop hogging the tiny violin, thank you

TuftyFinch Thu 24-Jan-13 22:36:45

Pulley blower honey. c

BeanJuice Thu 24-Jan-13 22:37:46

you want to punch her?

ffs

HoneyDragon Thu 24-Jan-13 22:37:50

Tufty

Are you coming on to me?

TuftyFinch Thu 24-Jan-13 22:38:12

Quint have you got teeny, tiny fingers and teeny, tiny shoulders?
What do you call a dig with no nose?

morethanpotatoprints Thu 24-Jan-13 22:39:04

Granny punching. I've heard it all now. Only on Mnet

Tortington Thu 24-Jan-13 22:39:12

i say punch the bitch

TuftyFinch Thu 24-Jan-13 22:39:18

I hope not honey that would be embarrassing. m

No Tufty, I am more of a black hole. (hence my new name wink )

Black holes have neither shoulders nor fingers. But we swirl a bit.

As for your second question, I have NO Idea.

TuftyFinch Thu 24-Jan-13 22:41:44

You sure are swirly. Brian Cox came round for tea tonight.

WorraLiberty Thu 24-Jan-13 22:43:17

Remind her what happened at the Chelsea game when the ball boy held on to the ball?

<twirls violin over to Noel>

RandallPinkFloyd Thu 24-Jan-13 22:44:48

Definitely punch her, punch her square it be throat. It's the only way these people learn.

The Ruth thing is NOT FUNNY angry

TuftyFinch Thu 24-Jan-13 22:45:28

Is quite funny Randall.

Did he bring any apples?

HoneyDragon Thu 24-Jan-13 22:45:45

Randell it is quite funny

HoneyDragon Thu 24-Jan-13 22:46:21

<<hi fives tufty>>

debbie1412 Thu 24-Jan-13 22:47:46

Ha ha ha love your responses. To answer a few. The instruments only come out at end of play... It's not around for the whole session.(2) stupidly I always think this wk shel see how silky she's being and let him have a go. (3) it's not anxiety just wasn't sure if I was being unreasonable expecting her to let my son have a go. (4) obv I never kick a granny. Loving the drop kick and head butting tho :-)

ResolutelyCheeky Thu 24-Jan-13 22:47:48

Just punch the tortoise ...slimy little bastards

RandallPinkFloyd Thu 24-Jan-13 22:47:53

It's very plausible, people could be easily confused.

Mrs3chins Thu 24-Jan-13 22:48:33

Isabelleringing - erm what?! Why shouldn't I post? Trying to provoke a bun fight me thinks

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now