Come and have a nice cathartic Thursday Rant™

(48 Posts)
ImNotDrunkIJustCantType Thu 24-Jan-13 18:56:11

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ImNotDrunkIJustCantType Thu 24-Jan-13 19:02:32

DD (2.8) didn't sleep last night, so neither did I, and has been a pain in the arse all day. Constant whinging no matter what we do. She also refused to nap today.

I had to go to the supermarket for something for tea wine and biscuits but my primarni furry boots are still wet and my wellies have split. Converse do not make good ice shoes and I fell on my arse. It hurt and DD and her friend (also 2) laughed so hard they fell over, then they cried all the way to the shop.

I dropped on of my gloves in a sludgy puddle so my hands were cold.

I wanted to get some invoicing and cleaning done today but DD was being a pain in the arse and refusing to nap so I've got nothing done. Now working 7am - 6pm tomorrow and the house is a shit hole.

DH came home and complained there was nothing for tea and was offended when I told him to go to the pissing shops himself and then cook something. I have crisps and sour cream for tea.

My eyes feel dry and sore so can't wear my contact lenses so I have scratch puffy eyes and shit glasses.

Hope you are feeling better soon OP.

And I can't fucking type. It should be one of my gloves dropped.

And DD is still fucking whinging, now because Daddy is reading the wrong bedtime story she chose

ImNotDrunkIJustCantType Thu 24-Jan-13 19:08:41

CheCazzo Thu 24-Jan-13 19:09:34

I haven't slept through the night for weeks. I am in constant pain and eating Tramadol like Smarties. I am, therefore, off my fucking head and unable to string a sentence together. I have to have another pissing MRI next week all because I have a hideous pain where my gallbladder used to be.
I am with you on the snow thing - funny for the first 12 hours, distinctly unamusing thereafter.
Oh yes, and I am so constipated that I look like a dead sheep. Feel like one too.

Apart from that it's all sunshine, bunny rabbits and rainbows grin

Samnella Thu 24-Jan-13 19:10:18

DH has been unable to do the drop off to Breakfast club this week due to work. I have therefore had to do the drop offs which has involved getting two uncooperative children by the front door for half 7, having to defrost the car and getting them to school for exactly 7.45 so I can dash to the station for the train, work and then do the reverse at pick up time at after school club, DH is not home until 7.30 so I am then resentfully doing all the cooking, washing, bathing and bed time crap. I hate, hate this time of day.

And the stupid cow I work with spends more time gossiping around the office than doing her job which leaves me picking up the pieces. Had a very cathartic rant about it to my boss today after she had a go at me for making a mistake which I only did because the stupid cow person had told me something incorrectly but then denied it.

And breath.

ImNotDrunkIJustCantType Thu 24-Jan-13 19:14:23

TwllBach Thu 24-Jan-13 19:16:24

I am feeling extremely rotten. I haven't felt human since Friday morning. I've had to change the sheets on my bed every morning because I have sweat so much. I just feel like shit <weeps>

I've got to go in to work tomorrow though. I've had two days off and I can't have another I've got so much to do. Plus I stumbled across an advert for my position, so I know that my contract is not beig extended.

Fuck the world.

MN044 Thu 24-Jan-13 19:17:14

All 3 dc are ill and I haven't been out of my house for a week. We have a half foot of snow going to waste in the back garden that will be melted by the time they're ok. I've been debating doing an internet shop every single night then thinking, 'nah, they'll definately be better tomorrow so I can go to the shop. Nope. And now I'm out of coffee. Ds2 wakes up every 3 hours like clockwork. Gah.

CheCazzo Thu 24-Jan-13 19:19:30

Out of coffee? Gah - that's bad. grin I feel for you!

PoppyWearer Thu 24-Jan-13 19:22:28

I rolled the buggy through some dog shit on the school run this morning, but didn't realise until I had folded up the buggy board, by which time it was on my suede gloves and also my coat. <boak>

angry

Also sick DC here. Thank fuck I'm not doing detox January, need a few wine tonight!

MN044 Thu 24-Jan-13 19:23:22

I've been eeking out the last granules. But now it's gone. All the corner shop have are crappy own brand. And I'm massively paranoid to the extent I could never leave the dc here anyway. So tomorrow I'm not only dealing with 3 sick dc, I'm also going to be on a massive caffine comedown. Send backup.

gemdrop84 Thu 24-Jan-13 19:23:55

41 wks pg with dc2 and fed up!! Had twinges all week, stopping and starting, it's driving me up the wall!! And don't get me started on the snow....it's cleared here after a pretty heavy lot last week and been a complete arse ache (quite literally in my case) walking dd to nursery, apparently it's going to be back quite heavily tomorrow sad Please, someone, anyone, have a large wine for me.....

Pascha Thu 24-Jan-13 19:27:01

I can't get DS2 to settle long enough for me to put him down so I can have a bath. Soon as I stop bouncing he wakes and screams.

maddening Thu 24-Jan-13 19:28:47

My df came home and rowed with me as he is v stressed with work - he quckly apologised though.

Had to do a mad dash in rush hour traffic to get to an appointment with a surgeon about my hernia - also have a cold which appears to be turning into an ear and throat infection - now my left ear hurts and is whistling and my throat is agony sad

Df and ds also have a cold and ds appears to be teething his back molars and is waking more at night.

In the grand scheme of things not awful but I fucking well feel like shit and am feeling sorry for myself smile

TallyGrenshall Thu 24-Jan-13 19:31:53

I'm another one eating Tramadol like smarties but with the added bonus that they make me hurl my guts up so it's either be in pain or puking.

I am hacked off that my back is still fucked since it first went into spasm on boxing fucking day. My house is a shit-hole because OH is incapable of washing up until everything single item of cutlery has been used apparently.

I haven't slept properly since then and I haven't been to work since then and only get SSP. DS's birthday is in 3 weeks, my nephews 18th is in 3 weeks, I have my sister's hen holiday to pay for in 8 weeks, plus by stuff to actually wear but if I drop out, I will still have to fucking pay for it.

Managed to hobble round Tesco's today with my Mother and how we both got out alive is a mystery. Stupid fucking questions the whole way round when I had told her I wanted to get something for tonight and then get home before I fell over

DeckSwabber Thu 24-Jan-13 19:32:13

Mine is a work rant so I won't bore you with the details. Rant Rant Rant.

EmpireBiscuit Thu 24-Jan-13 19:34:38

gemdrop you have my sympathies. Also 41 weeks and fecked of completely with the whole thing!

CheCazzo Thu 24-Jan-13 19:43:25

Sounds like shit Tally. I do not for the life of me understand why some people take Tramadol for fun. Why? Why would you do that? grin Puke up, stagger round in a daze, never have a crap. And that's fun?

TallyGrenshall Thu 24-Jan-13 19:46:35

Che Exactly! How is this fun for anybody?! I sat for half a sodding hour this morning trying to have a poo blush and nothing!

Samnella Thu 24-Jan-13 19:53:37

gemdrop84 you have my full sympathy. Last stages let alone overdue last stages are hideous.

TheDemonShedMaster Thu 24-Jan-13 19:57:37

Am nearly in tears at present. Have just moved out of the flat from hell. In preparing to do so, we went to retrieve items from the outbuilding which we were actively ENCOURAGED to use for storage, only to find that (since July) everything has rotted, gone mouldy or disintegrated. Our household insurance will not cover it. Our landlord is offering £300 as a "good will" gesture. That will not even begin to cover replacing what is ruined, not to mention the cost of dumping said items. We are now so broke, it's just not funny.

TerracottaPie Thu 24-Jan-13 20:03:07

The only thing I have to rant about is my exH.

This week there has been a lot to rant about.

Including:

1) The lack of bathing the DCs (that must be my job)

2) The lack of feeding them properly (that must be my job)

3) The lack of doing any reading or spellings with them (again, my job obviously)

4) The lack of any ability to work out when they are not actually ill and therefore pulling a fast one (my job)

5) And the lack of being able to tell me that my children are not at school (refer back to number 4) after his night with them so that I don't just turn up at school to collect them. (don't think that one should be my job, unless being psychic is my job)

I'm sure I could go on. And on.

LaQueen Thu 24-Jan-13 20:05:54

DH home in a grump.

He's put hours and hours of effort and time into a business project...and, now because of some idiotic, stupid, disorganised bint, who is just trying to disguise her own ineptness - his project is hanging by a thread, and all that effort/time wasted.

It's so unfair sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now