Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

To wonder what other posters do that really annoy you?

(1000 Posts)
atthewelles Thu 24-Jan-13 10:49:28

For me it would probably be:

Not reading the OP properly and going off on a tangent
Pulling a thread totally OT in order to have a two way jokey conversation with someone else that goes on for pages and pages
Looking up someone's posting history and saying 'well on 5th April 2006 you said this and now you're saying that.

Pagwatch Thu 24-Jan-13 11:42:14

People who are being a total shite to me calling me Pag or Paggy makes me want to shout rude things.

Don't be familiar. You're not my friend. My friends are not cunts. Well mostly.

Hullygully Thu 24-Jan-13 11:42:43

I had someone yesterday tell an outright lie, but let us assume it was an innocent mistake, when I kindly pointed it out <helpful> she screamed at me about her terrible health issues.

What do you do with that?

Hullygully Thu 24-Jan-13 11:43:21

Altho I do jump whenever someone calls me Hullygully like my mum is telling me orf.

GetOrf Thu 24-Jan-13 11:43:27

People who post "just sayin'".

I know you are 'just saying'. That is quite evident in the fact that you have typed a statement.

They think they have posted something so unbelievably profound albeit simple in its approach.

They haven't. They just sound like know it all tossers.

And for some reason the apostrophe makes it worse.

What is mansplaining pleeeeease grin

I like the bolding of names as it makes spotting any replies easy to see.

Don't like @posters name that really gets my goat.

Text speak <shudders> hunning <shudders>

Telling a poster they need to buy a grip or various variations, but I suspect that's just me being miserable.

TheAccidentalExhibitionist Thu 24-Jan-13 11:43:39

Tufty grinat spreadsheet

LifeofPo Thu 24-Jan-13 11:44:03

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Pagwatch Thu 24-Jan-13 11:44:08

You could scratch her but you have the whole sore fingernails thing Hully.
You could kick her cats cold dead body?

TheAccidentalExhibitionist Thu 24-Jan-13 11:44:43

Sorry tufty <misses point entirely>

Hullygully Thu 24-Jan-13 11:44:55

mansplaining = that speshul man way of telling you what you mean or waht the issue is at great length, unnecessarily and very irritatingly

Pagwatch Thu 24-Jan-13 11:45:26

The variations on <hands op a grip> <gives op money to buy a grip> etc are well overdone.

StuntGirl Thu 24-Jan-13 11:45:49

Text speak. Thank god it's a minority occurence on this forum.

GetOrf Thu 24-Jan-13 11:46:15

I think with the trexing thing and the pombears thing - you had to be on those threads live I think to have got caught up in the fun.

If you read it later on - it's not that funny. I was distinctly underwhelmed when I read them. But then again I roared at the thread where some MNers talked about bag o'mash and I am sure that a lot of people were completely hmm about it.

Fenton Bosnia-Herzegovina Thu 24-Jan-13 11:46:43

@

manicbmc Thu 24-Jan-13 11:46:46

Thinly veiled racism

GetOrf Thu 24-Jan-13 11:47:06

Oh and the whole fuck off to the far side of fuck and when you get there bla bla bla.

Right, Ranty and Magdalen I found this explaining mansplaining - it's being a patronising know it all.

Fenton Bosnia-Herzegovina Thu 24-Jan-13 11:47:13

Posters doing that ^ slightly annoy me.

Hullygully Thu 24-Jan-13 11:47:18

rudeness

i hate rudeness

I would also like to know if anyone else has noticed this new trend to excuse the AIBU object at any cost?

jumpingjackhash Thu 24-Jan-13 11:47:36

OPs who don't use paragraph breaks, or who punctuate every sodding sentence with '!'

Posters whose immediate response to someone acting like a twat is 'maybe they have SN' - no, they're likely to just be a twat.

coraltoes Thu 24-Jan-13 11:47:49

What is MN royalty?

I dislike "am I pg?" threads with a list of symptoms. I know op is just excited but how the hell would I know the answer?! I am not a clear blue test!

But my biggest bugbear is "dons hard/tin hat" or "awaits flaming". Just makes me curse.

Bold for names works well so you don't miss something aimed at you.

WorraLiberty England Thu 24-Jan-13 11:48:03

"My child is ASD"

You know your child better than I do but I'll still risk a bet they're not actually an Autistic Spectrum Disorder.

And what Hully said.

Fenton Bosnia-Herzegovina Thu 24-Jan-13 11:48:34

I meant posters doing @ <-- that, not ^ <---that.

People posting too quickly annoys me too, because I can't seem to do it.

hmm

Thank you HullyGully [wunk] :P

This thread is not accepting new messages.