Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

to have sent these nachos back?

(49 Posts)
UnicornWings Thu 24-Jan-13 00:07:50

I frickin' love nachos.

So tonight I ordered some as a starter. When the bowl came I looked and couldn't see any cheese, had a quick poke around and still couldn't see any. So I got up and asked him "I know this sounds stupid but is there suppose to be cheese on these?"

He replied "yeah but we've run out"

Nachos is my favourite treat ever and without cheese then in my opinion you cannot call them nachos!

prettypolly1 Thu 24-Jan-13 00:10:48

shock outrageous!

Were you not told this when you ordered?! Poor service...

They gave you flavourless Doritos? No acceptable

YANBU

VBisme Thu 24-Jan-13 00:11:30

YADNBU

UnicornWings Thu 24-Jan-13 00:12:15

No it was never mentioned when I ordered!

I was given flavourless Doritos with a smidge of salsa and sour cream.

The cheese is what makes the nachos.

prettypolly1 Thu 24-Jan-13 00:23:01

The nachos should be mainly gooey melted cheese in my opinion....it's a more important ingredient than the nachos themselves.

You've made me hungry sad

I'd have said I don't want them without cheese, that is just plain old corn chips with sour cream and some salsa Ick! The cheese is the best part.

Jacksmania Thu 24-Jan-13 01:00:18

WTF???

I'm surprised you didn't throw them at him.

"Yeah but we've run out" --- what kind of a restaurant runs out of cheese???????

TheDetective Thu 24-Jan-13 01:13:10

YADNBU!!

Nachos minus cheese = sawdust! Bleurghhhh!

Be warned though... I went to a wetherspoons with DP last week. As I perused the menu, I spotted Nachos and smiled with glee. Til I saw the calorie content next to them! It was over 1400. What the actual fuck?! I triple checked to make sure it wasn't a sharing dish. No. It wasn't a sharing dish. Bloody hell!

I'll stick to places that don't specify the calorie content and ruin my meal next time!!

TheDoctrineOfSnatch Thu 24-Jan-13 01:24:44

YANBU.

rumbelina Colombia Thu 24-Jan-13 04:54:21

Was this at a Wetherspoons? That's happened to me before.

MidnightMasquerader Thu 24-Jan-13 05:11:26

Actually, it's guacamole that makes nachos, but still, YANBU.

<mind boggling at calorie count>

YorkshireDeb Thu 24-Jan-13 05:59:18

I had nachos for starter on Tuesday night. THREE CHEESE nachos. Brilliant I thought - three lots of cheese sounds even better. They forgot to mention one of the cheeses was stinky blue cheese. Urgh! Ruined the whole thing. X

TheArbiter Thu 24-Jan-13 06:28:00

Ridiculous! I'd have just taken nachos off the menu entirely. You can't have cheeseless nachos.

Jacksmania Thu 24-Jan-13 06:32:37

It's cheese that makes nachos. Not that green crap.

<gavel>

Chopstheduck Thu 24-Jan-13 06:36:54

1400 calories for nachos?? I'm on a diet and I still eat nachos, and it was nowhere near 1400!

Nachos without cheese is acceptable if you have runny american tinned cheese with jalapeño for dipping. No cheese whatsoever is WRONG!

Tee2072 Thu 24-Jan-13 06:37:03

Blue cheese on nachos?!?! What kind of heathen restaurants are you people going to????

xkcdfangirl Thu 24-Jan-13 06:42:22

Blue cheese is a marvellous taste combo with chilli - My absolute favourite would be nachos grande with chilli-non-carne and a couple of slices of stilton on top. It sounds weird but unless you hate silton anyway it's a revelation!

MidnightMasquerader Thu 24-Jan-13 06:42:51

Tinned cheese..? Tinned cheese......?

<braces self for explanation>

MidnightMasquerader Thu 24-Jan-13 06:44:12

Actually blue cheese, mixed with guacamole, is divine. 'Roquamole', if you will...

theplodder Thu 24-Jan-13 06:48:40

reading these comments it's little wonder so many people are obese.

Chopstheduck Thu 24-Jan-13 07:03:49

canned cheese or this

and it's actually quite low in fat and calories! I have the Herrs atm and a serving is 35 cals and about 2g fat. It's very cheesy, like squirty cheese.

CitrusyOne Thu 24-Jan-13 07:06:11

I once went to an establishment that served the bottom half of a bag of Doritos (ie all the corners of the triangles but no actual triangles)

There WAS cheese.........just not melted.

Almost as bad as no cheese at all!

Tee2072 Thu 24-Jan-13 07:10:37

All of the Mexicans I know (and I knew many, thanks to a Mexican sister in law) are rolling around and crying about blue cheese on nachos.

Cheddar and or Monterey Jack.

::gavel::

Chopstheduck Thu 24-Jan-13 07:11:54

cheddar shock

Nooo, mozzarella, so it goes all stringy when you try to separate them!

firesidechat Thu 24-Jan-13 07:39:08

Chopstheduck where do you get that stuff from?

Had some gorgeous runny cheese in a can with chilli when I went to Florida years ago. I loved it and have been trying to find it ever since.

It always looked like it was loaded with every E number under the sun but tasted yum.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now