To be disappointed that Dp made my tea in my least favourite mug

(176 Posts)
usualsuspect Wed 23-Jan-13 21:05:37

I have several favourite mugs, Is it too much to ask that he uses one of them and not the horrible thick one? I like a nice thin china mug.

grin

Ok I'm bored, sorry.

GetOrf Wed 23-Jan-13 21:58:04

oh dear god what the hell - i love that spoon, I hate that spoon.

I am totally sober, btw.

LiveItUp Wed 23-Jan-13 22:00:28

And those brown tinted glass mugs .... NEVER.

seeker Wed 23-Jan-13 22:01:22

One of the most useful things my iPhone can do is provide me with a 2.5 minute timer for tea bag in mug.

There is nothing strange about that last sentence at all.

sittinginthesun Wed 23-Jan-13 22:01:50

OMG brown tinted glass mugs!! I remember those from our student house, hundreds of years ago. Do they still make them?

3monkeys3 Wed 23-Jan-13 22:02:25

YANBU! I need a nice mug!

usualsuspect Wed 23-Jan-13 22:05:02

My DD keeps one of those 1980s throwback tinted glass mugs at my house for when she visits.It is not allowed out of the cupboard at any other time.

shrinkingnora Wed 23-Jan-13 22:05:14

Foggles you need one of these

My children keep smashing my favourite mugs angry

I went to see a magician the other day and while the spoon and fork and wine glass bending was really amazing it worried and upset me that he didn't bend them back

PartTimeModel Wed 23-Jan-13 22:08:01

How could he???
brew <<<< this cup is too small btw.

apostropheuse Wed 23-Jan-13 22:10:39

YANBU!

I like my tea out of a fine china mug too. It must be predominantly white - and definitely white inside.

This is one of those areas where, unfortunately, there can be no compromise. It is because it is.

I think you would get a divorce on the grounds of unreasonable behaviour.

HTH

I just reiterated to DP the hierarchy of mugs after reading through this. Just so he knows. He said 'oh I thought the cupcake mug was your favourite..' This was true until it got a chip, now it lives at the back with the bastard mugs.

Bogeyface Wed 23-Jan-13 22:14:48

~This winds me up so much!

He always makes it in the wrong sodding mug, and then gets huffy if I go and change it!

fluffywhitekittens Wed 23-Jan-13 22:15:25

I'm glad it's not just me who has inside and outside mugs.
DHhas a black mug that says "RTFM" on it. He knows I hate it and will threaten to make tea in it for me. angry
I have recently given away some of my least favourite mugs and need to find some more that reach my high standards.

TheFallenNinja Wed 23-Jan-13 22:15:34

We men have a natural affinity with thick mugs smile

Geekster Wed 23-Jan-13 22:19:30

No way, my DH always asks which mug I want, it changes depending on the time of day and my mood. He's given up trying to guess!

LadyBeagleEyes Wed 23-Jan-13 22:20:19

My ex made coffees/teas for his mates out of my mug.
We are now divorced.

GetOrf Wed 23-Jan-13 22:22:48

I remember a segment on Watchdog (Lynne Faulds-Wood - death traps) about those blackened glass plates which used to EXPLODE if you dropped them. I wanted some.

My gran used to have a neighbour called Uncle Ron who came in every month or so for a cup of tea - he was a bit whiffy so she gave him one of those smoky glass cups. He wasn't allowed a decent cup.

sudaname Wed 23-Jan-13 22:22:56

Yes Mildred l know.

There they were the shit eating fishy smelling little yucky bastards bobbing around in my favourite cup full of water.

Sorry, l 'll get counselling or LTB

grin

Boomerwang Wed 23-Jan-13 22:25:09

I do get a bit miffed if he constantly uses the wrong mug. I like both coffee and tea and I use a different mug for each one.

To be honest, he never makes me any tea or coffee anyway so he's unlikely to remember. To be even more honest, I've switched to using coffee glasses now as I like about three cups in one go.

Oh wait, I made it all about me again. OP, YANBU! If he does it every time. If it was a one off and just cba to wash your usual mug up, then YABU. If you want something done properly you have to do it yourself...

GetOrf Wed 23-Jan-13 22:25:12

I bought some stainless steel little cups to drink mulled wine out of one christmas.

They were wrong.

But what do you drink mulled wine out of?

Wine glasses - wrong
Cups - wrong
Tumblers - strangely wrong
Glass mugs - Birds of a feather wrong

May as well just slurp it straight from the ladle.

Boomerwang Wed 23-Jan-13 22:25:49

You drink mulled wine out of those glasses with metal handles and bases, like irish coffee.

GetOrf Wed 23-Jan-13 22:26:08

There was a thread on here once where someone admitted trapping spiders under glasses, and then having to throw the glass away.

GetOrf Wed 23-Jan-13 22:26:41

I don't like those pretentious fuckers, boomerwang.

<frets>

BooCanary Wed 23-Jan-13 22:27:53

Op - y as nbu.

My system:

7am: My china mug
2pm: Large thick 'vat of tea' mug
5pm: Part-of-tea-set teacup
9pm: Small mug

I fear I am turning into my mother.
DH is quite good at remembering, but every now and again he does give me one of his thick man's mugs. Grrr. It puts me in a very bad mood.

Boomerwang Wed 23-Jan-13 22:28:28

I think drinking mulled wine is pretentious, tbh.

Boomerwang Wed 23-Jan-13 22:29:09

Wasn't a direct dig at you, btw, but in hindsight I can see how offensive I sounded.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now