To be disappointed that Dp made my tea in my least favourite mug

(176 Posts)
usualsuspect Wed 23-Jan-13 21:05:37

I have several favourite mugs, Is it too much to ask that he uses one of them and not the horrible thick one? I like a nice thin china mug.

grin

Ok I'm bored, sorry.

shallweshop Wed 23-Jan-13 21:25:39

GetOrf - nearly spat my tea out at you calling cups 'stripy bastards'!

ClippedPhoenix Wed 23-Jan-13 21:27:24

Have you pissed him off then? grin My DP and I are totally passive aggressive sometimes and give signs!

RustyBear Wed 23-Jan-13 21:27:34

Perhaps he felt sorry for the thick mug never being used.....

GetOrf Wed 23-Jan-13 21:28:16

lol shallwe - I have no idea where they came from, I hate them with a vengeance. They are bastards.

I have two tea towels which I hate as well. I always feel a bit pissed off when those two are the only clean ones left in the drawer.

JustGiveMeFiveMinutes Wed 23-Jan-13 21:28:19

YADNBU

Why, when we have friends round, does DP bypass all the nice cups and make them a drink in the crap ones confused

usualsuspect Wed 23-Jan-13 21:29:05

The thick mugs are for the use of DS and his mates.

TheMaskedHorror Wed 23-Jan-13 21:30:32

I was most hurt the other day when dh made 2 cups of tea and gave me the mug I'd bought for him! it was a lovely mug with a pic of dc on it.

Why did he not drink from that mug himself? <annoyed at him>

JustGiveMeFiveMinutes Wed 23-Jan-13 21:30:36

I should also confess to having made DP go back into the kitchen and pour tea into a better cup grin

usualsuspect Wed 23-Jan-13 21:31:28

IF I had passed him off I would have got the I'm a twat mug grin

usualsuspect Wed 23-Jan-13 21:32:18

Pissed not passed, this bloody non swearing kindle

Zappo Wed 23-Jan-13 21:32:58

Slightly off tangent and a bit OCD, I hate mugs being taken into the bathroom. Why do you need to take your coffee in when you go for wee or a bath ( I say coffee because that's what DP drinks).

I just think it's a bit yuck to take mugs or any thing you eat or drink off into the place where you poo

Nancy66 Wed 23-Jan-13 21:33:00

coffee in a glass - don't get me started on that.

If I order a latte in a cafe and it comes in a glass it makes me feel murderous

sittinginthesun Wed 23-Jan-13 21:33:16

Oh, and another thing - when my inlaws visit, they drink so much tea they start using the "emergency mugs", which are usually hidden at the back of the glasses cupboard so that no one uses them.

Then, they wash them up and put them at the front of my nice cupboard, next to the tea bags!!!

Takes me ages to rearrange them. And DH forgets the rule, and makes ME tea in the emergency mug ("I love being 40", "shagging rabbits" etc).

Zappo Wed 23-Jan-13 21:34:49

"I should also confess to having made DP go back into the kitchen and pour tea into a better cup"

The downside being that this cools the tea a bit too much- tea should be taken as hot as can be (says me with the asbestos mouth)

TheCrackFox Wed 23-Jan-13 21:35:06

DH once made me a coffee in an absolutely hideous Wiinie the Pooh mug (DS2 won't let me throw it away). I ask you?

mum11970 Wed 23-Jan-13 21:35:06

Well thanks very much, I want a cup of tea now and I'm all tucked up in bed. Going to have to get up now and that's going to wake the dogs up again and they won't be happy. Arghh. There better be a decent mug left when I get down there.

JustGiveMeFiveMinutes Wed 23-Jan-13 21:35:57

That's what annoys me about DP. He makes guests drinks and uses the emergency cups. Who the fuck does that?

usualsuspect Wed 23-Jan-13 21:36:48

I drank my tea in a huffy manner.

Zappo Wed 23-Jan-13 21:37:48

"coffee in a glass - don't get me started on that.

If I order a latte in a cafe and it comes in a glass it makes me feel murderous "

Just reminded me, my DM used to drink tea out of a glass mug!!

OohMrDarcy Wed 23-Jan-13 21:38:23

ohhh YANBU

I too have a system... all tea (mine) will be drunk from my GIANT '30 and FAB' mug <classy> <also no longer 30>

All hot chocolate shall be drunk from my hot chocolate mug

very occasional coffees come from my tigger mug

even DD (5) and DS (3) know this... should DH fail they would correct grin

on the other side, DH has a specific coffee mug too

BelaLugosisShed Wed 23-Jan-13 21:38:54

China cup or earthen wear Mug , china mugs are just plain wrong - I know what I'm talking about, I come from the Potteries wink

I do complain endlessly should DH bring me my first cup of tea of the day in my large mug, I have my wake up tea in my small mug. He knows this and, despite repeated punishments, he continues. He must like being locked in the wardrobe.

Inertia Wed 23-Jan-13 21:40:24

YANBU

What's worse is when they give other people your favourite mug. My favourite mug was a birthday present from a friend , and I was going to make my tea in it when she visited so I could comment on how much I liked the mug and what a great present it was. Then DH made friend's tea in the mug. So I couldn't say how much I liked it in case she thought I was being passive-aggressive about her drinking from it, but if I didn't mention it she might have been hurt that it wasn't treated as a special mug.

<Possibly reading too much into mug etiquette>

JustGiveMeFiveMinutes Wed 23-Jan-13 21:40:40

DP is from the Potteries. He should know what he's doing ffs grin

sudaname Wed 23-Jan-13 21:42:18

My DH decided to defrost a few prawns for his sandwiches next day in my favourite mug. This was made even worse if at all possible by him being fully aware l hate prawns with a passion.

I says 'Why couldnt you have used one of the many plastic containers or a chipped bowl l keep in cupboard for things like this ?'

'Well' he says - it'll get washed , what's the problem ?'

Yeah ,yeah - l know - l'm gonna have to arent l?

LTB.

LiveItUp Wed 23-Jan-13 21:42:18

Ooh, you are so NBU. Certain mugs, certain times of day. Glad it's not just me! Some men need so much training (sighs loudly)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now