AIBU to think Sherrie Hewson...

(108 Posts)
DrHolmes Wed 23-Jan-13 13:11:21

...likes acting silly? I don't really watch Loose women, have seen a few episodes over the years and don't really like it. Today I am working from home procrastinating and the show is on in the background. It just seems to me that any sort of serious topic they try to talk about she pretends/acts not to know about it and that it's funny in a way to not know about it. Och, I don't know, she is just annoying me. Linda Robson is also on it and I always get the impression she also doesn't try. It's like as soon as they hear the words "parliament", "book", "economics" etc they just switch their brains off because they think they don't understand it and can't contribute towards the conversation.

Huff.

IWorshipSatin Thu 24-Jan-13 14:31:47

Andrea "shuttlecock" McLean

MrsDoomsPatterson Thu 24-Jan-13 13:08:14

WH need to lose the dull play at the end, I always switch it off at that point.

DrHolmes Thu 24-Jan-13 12:34:02

And the other thing they do is tell "funny" stories about their men at home. They make out everything is fantastic in their life then BOOM...DIVORCE. We all know the truth! Their men can't stand them either obviously.

Just looked Andrea up on wikipedia... "McLean had a 17 year relationship, starting from their teenage years, with BBC producer Nick Green. The couple married in Kenya in 2000, and have a son Finlay John, born October 2001, Kingston, Greater London. In 2004 it came to light that McLean had an affair with fellow Our House presenter Steve Toms,[9] but had returned to her husband to try to resolve issues.[10]

After divorcing Green, she and Toms moved in together, and lived in Ashtead, Surrey; they had a daughter Amy (born November 2006). The couple married in August 2009, during Loose Women's summer break.[11]

In January 2012, McLean announced she had separated from Toms, having left their marital home in December 2011 with their children following working on their failing marriage for a year. She now lives with her parents"

DrHolmes Thu 24-Jan-13 12:30:10

And she looks like that flying dog off of Never-ending Story.

LOL haha she does!!!

MrsDeVere Thu 24-Jan-13 11:13:54

well that won't work!
WH is on at 10.30

R4 gets seriously dull at around 12.30

grin

baffleddad Wed 23-Jan-13 22:33:03

listen to womens hour on radio 4 instead. your life will be completesmile

SoleSource Wed 23-Jan-13 22:29:47

I fucking LOATHE Andrea Clean.

Smug, sarcastic, slimy grinning pointless person.

JSP I love!

BupcakesAndCunting Wed 23-Jan-13 21:45:05

Andrea McLean is a fucking horror.

She'd have you believe that butter wouldn't melt but she is a scarlet woman, that Andrea.

And she looks like that flying dog off of Never-ending Story.

RosyRoo Wed 23-Jan-13 20:38:49

I saw Andrea McLean flogging her diamonique collection on QVC. She was absolutely terrible. How she gets work I don't know.

CrapBag Wed 23-Jan-13 20:37:28

YANBU.

I saw her on family fortunes the other day and I wanted to throw something at the tv. I couldn't actually watch anything with her in it more.

GetOrf Wed 23-Jan-13 20:27:10

I drove dd insane over Christmas when that catalogue advert with Linda Bellingham 'why does that fucking woman WALK like that?' Every scene of the advert she minced along like a dancer from Strictly.

HannahsSister40 Wed 23-Jan-13 20:26:22

always got the impression that Linda thought she was slightly above it all. Maybe that's why she left?

OmgATalkingOnion Wed 23-Jan-13 20:20:24

Don't forget Lynda Bellingham dropping the mysterious 'Mr Spain' into every conversation. Or has she left now? Or maybe Mr Spain is no longer into Oxo Mums <who cares anyway?confused>

Dfg15 Wed 23-Jan-13 20:14:58

dont like Linda Robson - whenever her education is mentioned, she always mentions the Anna Scher Theatre School, as if she had her whole education there. It was an after school drama club!! She went to Ecclestone School in Islington, and Shelburne Secondary School in Holloway. I know that, cos she was a year below me at Shelburne. Sorry for the rant but that has always bugged me!!!! And it know its off topic but a couple of you have mentioned her.

Pobblewhohasnotoes Wed 23-Jan-13 20:10:08

I can't stand Sherrie's ditzy act. It's so irritating and she spoils anything serious by suddenly saying 'oh and I went to the zoo and there were these ducks, and you know about ducks...' etc. and you just think WTVF??

Lisa Maxwell is just annoying, her opinions are just stupid, they make no sense. I swear JSP looks at her with a 'wtf?' expression.

Can't stand Andrea. Never has an opinion on anything. Boring. And never gets her words out.

Denise, what an embarrassment. Just shut up about getting your boobs out.

I like JSP.

marmon Wed 23-Jan-13 20:05:48

Jane Mcdonald, reminds me of that character Les Dawson used to play when he dressed up as a woman. I can just see her pushing her boob up when she says something abit saucy!!

everlong Wed 23-Jan-13 20:05:48

I like Carole and JSP. Funny wimmin.

mrsjay Wed 23-Jan-13 19:58:09

people who are 'what am I like' mad thats what are just annoying and need that punch

GetOrf Wed 23-Jan-13 19:54:50

I think Sherree or whatever her absurd name is is the absolute definition of disingenuous twat.

She is the kind of person to announce a propos of nothing 'I'm mad, me!' <punch>

IWorshipSatin Wed 23-Jan-13 19:49:46

I'd definitely want 'denzie' to have my back in a feet.
No I'm not her, nor Tim (he was there too - it was pre-split), and she appeared totally sober for the whole fortnight. I really liked her!

It drives me INSANE when Carol McGuff starts on about her toy boy in that 'wink wink we had loads of sex on holiday I'm not going to outright say it but just hint at it and you can all be jealous' way. I can't abide the woman. I read a chapter or so of her autobiog at my MIL's over Xmas and she seemed very bitter towards Christoph Lambypie because he hadn't mentioned her in HIS autobiogs. LOL.

Iaintdunnuffink Wed 23-Jan-13 19:47:30

I do like JSP.

Iaintdunnuffink Wed 23-Jan-13 19:46:56

I was off work sick one day to find The Jane One going on about how confusing healthy eating advice was because a ham and cheese sandwiches weren't considered healthy confused

It does look very dated now, bring back Light Lunch. All that ooh aren't we naughty giggling crap & the Daily Mail debates are a hideous combination.

FreudiansSlipper Wed 23-Jan-13 19:45:17

Loose women is awful I hate it with a passion. Why JSP is on there I do not know sad and glad Jenny Eclair has left. Liked it when i occasionally watched it (odd sick from work) when Kay Adams presented the show but it is very very different now. Never watched daytime tv when on maternity leave my mum watches it but insisted when she looked after ds that he would not be subjected to such trash

VitoCorleone Wed 23-Jan-13 19:31:57

They're all twats

LadyBeagleEyes Wed 23-Jan-13 19:29:49

Kaye Adams was brilliant. I think she left because LW was downgraded into Thicko Women.
I've no idea why JSP is on it. Whoopie Goldberg openly criticised sp it as she was on the US version, and as far as I know they talked about real stuff, as they did when KA was on.
Now it's just silly women gossiping, and they all sound like the Daily Mail.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now