To think that if you don't clear the snow off your car properly you are a total Muppet?

(101 Posts)
fortyplus Wed 23-Jan-13 00:12:08

Actually I know I'm not - and here's an article to prove it

If you just clear your windscreen then your headlights and indicators are useless and the snow from your roof blows off onto following vehicles.

Where I live about 1 in 5 cars was driving round like this. Some drivers hadn't even cleared the windscreen or side windows of ice. It's unbelievable.

Oh yeah - and there was a thread on this last year and the inconsiderate wankers drivers who can't be bothered to clear their cars properly came up with all sorts of self righteous bollox about how they haven't got time to do it and it's not affecting other people etc.

So.. do you clear your vehicle properly of snow or do you think you're somehow exempt from following simple common-sense measures to help yourself and others drive safely?

fortyplus Mon 28-Jan-13 00:45:38

Montybojangles - just put in a bit of effort like everyone else on the thread. Van too tall? Get some steps, a chair, anything. No broom? Use something else - someone has suggested an umbrella. Or just keep making excuses if that's so much easier - and hope for the best that you're not responsible for an accident.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now