WIBU to hide the iPad?

(29 Posts)
DialsMavis Tue 22-Jan-13 22:52:31

DP is going away for work tomorrow, it was supposed to be in the UK then back on Monday. He now has to go to Germany straight after and won't be home until around Thursday. He isn't hone from work yet and apart from digging out a suitcase and finding his passport he didn't want me to pack. He will be in a massive hurry in the morning.

WIB terribly U to hide the iPad so that he can't take it with him? Because I want it to use for myself while he is away. he will get to drink beers, go for dinner and stay in hotels (the work will be hard and boring too though). I will get to stay in with the DC on my own... Surely that us justification?!

DialsMavis Tue 22-Jan-13 22:53:29

*is

chickencurryfor7 Tue 22-Jan-13 22:55:20

Does he need it for work? If so, YABU, but if he doesn't, then stick it in the sock drawer! grin

DialsMavis Tue 22-Jan-13 22:55:56

No, he has a laptop (as do I blush)

DialsMavis Tue 22-Jan-13 22:56:19

I just want the iPad

Bejeena Wed 23-Jan-13 17:05:00

Yes but will he be on his own? Anyone to drink that beer with? Also he won't be able to watch TV in hotel as in German. Not to mention he has to travel and could possibly get stuck in snow conditions and be hanging around for hours. To be honest I think YABU, but whose ipad is it?

Pigsmummy Wed 23-Jan-13 17:06:55

Just ask him?

OkayHazel Wed 23-Jan-13 17:10:48

First world problem.

thegreylady Wed 23-Jan-13 17:12:21

Hide it at the bottom of the dirty washing basket :-)

FunnysInLaJardin Wed 23-Jan-13 17:14:08

YANBU. He will only remember when he gets to the airport and then it will be too late. What a shame. He might buy a new one though..........

Lorelailovesluke Wed 23-Jan-13 17:15:34

okay surely most of mumsnet threads are first world problems.

Op I think you should hide it.

allthegoodnamesweretaken Wed 23-Jan-13 17:16:30

YABU to hide it, why can't you just ask him?

Well, you could hide it but what will you say if he says he'd like to take it with him? Will you say you don't know then stand idly by while he hunts for it?

IDrankAllTheGravy Wed 23-Jan-13 17:20:21

<chants> HIDE IT! HIDE IT! HIDE IT!

I would, but I'm greedy like that wink

IDrankAllTheGravy Wed 23-Jan-13 17:21:25

Oh and there's nout wrong with a first world problem, or are we only allowed to post on here if we're living with third world problems?

I just don't get why you'd have to hide it!?

Have you not been with your DP long enough to know how to always get your own way yet? grin

JustAHolyFool Wed 23-Jan-13 17:24:19

Gravy from now on, we are only allowed to post if we are starving to death or have lost our entire family. GOT IT?

ahmnoclassyladybut Wed 23-Jan-13 17:24:48

I'd be furious is this was done to me.

DialsMavis Wed 23-Jan-13 17:33:33

Thanks for pointing out the first worldness of the problem, until you kindly did I felt incredibly hard done by & genuinely aggrieved by the whole situation!

I fell asleep watching T.V on it in the end so didn't manage to snaffle it away. He came home long after I went to bed and I had left the house before he got up to go. I did pop back after dropping DS off to say good bye and he said "I'm going to take the iPad if you don't mind" and his case was admittedly better than mine. He has to get the ferry Holland and drive to Germany (but he flies home); it's easier for him to Skype us with it & all his books are on it.

The jury is out on whose iPad it is, he says it is for the whole family to use, but he did win it as his work Christmas meal.

wonkylegs Wed 23-Jan-13 17:33:47

No I don't think you should hide it. I think you should put it away in a safe place grin I can never find things when I do that.
DH had his iPhone at his conference work jolly last week to play with whilst slumming it in his 5star hotel between business lobster dinners. I was poorly, had to look after DS, crappy weather, and ended up with sausages/fishfingers/pizza as I couldn't face cooking. I had no qualms as to snaffling the iPad.

You know this whole "That's such a first world problem" thing that some posters feel compelled to point out?
Well, I wonder if a quick search of their name would show that ALL of their posts were of the 'worthy' variety?

Some posters may do well to remember that their previous posts are there for all to see before trotting out the 1st world line to other posters.

DialsMavis Wed 23-Jan-13 17:47:28

Anyone bored enough could rip into me for starting this, as I was bitching about not being able to put the heating on, on the middle class povo thread. But the wondrous iPad is engraved with DPs company logo and a over a year old now, so not really sellable. It might still go if we ever need urgent dental work done though wink

FunnysInLaJardin Wed 23-Jan-13 22:55:55

First world problem comments are so naff they don't merit comment IMO, except by me obv

Let's face it, the fact that any of us are posting on Mumsnet at all means that we're most likely living a first world life. We are the Mumsnet target audience after all and Angelina Jolie would probably find 99% of the comments and problems posted about on here trivial.

The lack of originality is annoying too. Do these posters see it and think "Ooh, that's witty and cutting. I shall use that on a thread that's not of any great interest to me and I shall appear witty and cutting too!"?

OkayHazel Fri 25-Jan-13 11:21:00

All I meant was that the OP will happily get by for a weekend without an iPad. Especially if she has a laptop.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now