To wonder who comprise MN Royalty these days?

(204 Posts)
FunnysInLaJardin Tue 22-Jan-13 22:12:42

For me first off I would say Hully, Pagwatch, Hecate, LaQ, Buppy, Usual and LOADS of others.

They will all decry the title, so I suppose what I mean is who are the regular regulars who you see about all the time?

<btw my cat has farted, the smelly Cog/Dat>

SPsFanjo is here all the fucking time. She obviously has no life.

JudgeJodie Tue 22-Jan-13 22:46:04

Please be upstanding for queen Worra and queen kungfupanda. Sorry wasn't going to comment but when I saw these names missing I had to.

MarcelineTheVampireQueen Tue 22-Jan-13 22:46:09

I am always surprised that anyone thinks there is such a thing. A new poster, making there first post is just as valid(and quite possibly more sensible) than those who post a lot. I have never heard of some of the names who are supposed to be royalty!

I dont agree. I think its because of threads like this one that the same people are named over and over so are called royalty(though I am sure they dont see themselves as such) And then when a noob comes on and says something off or contradictory to the well known person, people tend to jump on the noob because they recognise the well known name. So the noob doesnt tend to post and lurks instead. So the board is just full of the same names.

Does that make sense? I have been drinking...

FlouncingMintyy Tue 22-Jan-13 22:46:11

Isn't the term exclusively used as an insult anyway these days? As in:

"Oh you are all a load of bjullying bjitches who suck up to each other anyway you Mumsnet Royalty you"

HoneyDragon Tue 22-Jan-13 22:46:37

Greensleeves. Elderly bananas were never once cool to become uncool. They are always only in a state of banana.

DreamySleepyNightySnoozySnooze Tue 22-Jan-13 22:46:47

That's good enough for me Funnys! grin

We might all be cunts, but some are more cunty than others grin
Animal Farm, totes

And grin at 'Puss off' - I shall in a mo'

I am quite envious of posters who post so much, are so funny AND wise - I wish I could do ONE of those things. Might earn me scepter or summat

Pancakeflipper Tue 22-Jan-13 22:47:14

I just thinking yesterday ...we haven't had one of those coronation threads for a least a fortnight.
And hey presto...

<off to find the brasso to polish the coronets and buff up the pearls>

HoneyDragon Tue 22-Jan-13 22:48:56

Pacific

You did a dance that fixed my oven though smile thanks

HoneyDragon Tue 22-Jan-13 22:49:25

And you was quoted on The Wright Stuff

Gawd, did I? Gosh, I am good as something - you are most welcome as I shall now go to bed content grin

TWS - now that was just embarrassing.

And I cannot remember what I was quoted to have said blush

OneHundredSecondsofSolitude Tue 22-Jan-13 22:52:16

All the ones I used to recognise seem to have gone away sad

Greensleeves Tue 22-Jan-13 22:52:44

I beg to differ Honeydragon. A banana in its prime is deeply cool. Have you never seen Bananas In Pyjamas?

humpf

<remembers when it was All Fields Around Here>

<wasn't cool then either> grin

HoneyDragon Tue 22-Jan-13 22:53:15

I can't remember either.

I've been on the Wright Stuff twice in RL ... I like making Matthew agree with me. It's like a secret victory for Mnet kind.

FunnysInLaJardin Tue 22-Jan-13 22:53:41

Greensleeves I don't know how you have the audacity to comment after that last shenanigans of a thread.

OK people we need a King and Queen of MN. I vote for Beta as the King and Paggy as the Queen

<can't quite believe I called her Paggy, like she's my mate blush>

There seems to be a finch scratching at the window?

HoneyDragon Tue 22-Jan-13 22:54:40

Bananas in pyjamas coming down the stairs are not cool, it's perverted. They are dirty fuckers.

Is that a finch in the 3rd floor? Wanting cake?? << pointedly ignores Greensleeves>>

Honey, you got MW to agree with you?? Kudos. I am v impressed.

Greensleeves Tue 22-Jan-13 22:55:55

<weeps> can I at least be the official Fool then? I can do fart jokes!

Cortana Tue 22-Jan-13 22:56:21

I have to admit, I picked up the MN guide to parenting in Waterstones, opened for a quick nose and saw Pagwatch being quoted, I was all
"Oooooooooooooh Look DP! I have seen the things she writes!"
I felt like I knew a Sleb blush

thegreylady Tue 22-Jan-13 22:57:35

I think MrsDeVere and lottiejankins have crowns and Maryz and mrz and everyone on the tamoxifen thread...

thegreylady Tue 22-Jan-13 22:58:05

Jenkins not jankins

thebody Tue 22-Jan-13 22:59:14

Oh dear god.. Could it actually get any sadder!

It's like going back to 1974 And school days.. Seriously!! Mumsnet royalty? op they will still let you into the gang you don't have to creep.

HoneyDragon Tue 22-Jan-13 23:00:02

Yup. Including wasting 10 valuable Wright Stuff minutes discussing gay hamsters, I am good at tangents.

IamtheZombie Tue 22-Jan-13 23:00:03

There is no gang.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now