Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

To wonder who comprise MN Royalty these days?

(204 Posts)
FunnysInLaJardin Tue 22-Jan-13 22:12:42

For me first off I would say Hully, Pagwatch, Hecate, LaQ, Buppy, Usual and LOADS of others.

They will all decry the title, so I suppose what I mean is who are the regular regulars who you see about all the time?

<btw my cat has farted, the smelly Cog/Dat>

Salmotrutta Tue 22-Jan-13 22:26:47

I have a tiny screwdriver and an Elm Sip.

NotAnotherPackedLunch Tue 22-Jan-13 22:27:11

Is it a bit like Animal Farm where we are all equal, but some are more equal than others?grin

HoneyDragon Tue 22-Jan-13 22:27:57

I fixed it by getting other Mnetters to beseech the universe to let the electrical healing man find an oven door that would fit in his collection and he did.

I broke it because I decided to clean it against Hullys better judgement. The smart arsed bugger was right.

DreamySleepyNightySnoozySnooze Tue 22-Jan-13 22:29:17

I bet you've all heard of me…

<tumbleweed>

AllYoursBabooshka Tue 22-Jan-13 22:29:23

See, that's why I never clean my oven.

Too risky.

ZooAnimals Tue 22-Jan-13 22:30:24

Definitely me, I received an email directly from Justine telling me. I'm actually Dame ZooAnimals of Mumsnetshire now.

This is definitely not a lie.

Honest.

Nagoo Tue 22-Jan-13 22:30:29

There was a 'nice' royalty thread? shock

People should definitely delurk. Lurkers! Stop bloody previewing!

FlouncingMintyy Tue 22-Jan-13 22:32:02

I agree with Cortana. It kind of depends where you hang out. I am sure there are thousands of Mumsnetters who have never heard of Hully or Paggy or the rest of your Royalty.

There are many posters whose names I see all the time but I would not call them Royalty, either.

AmandaWrassleworth Tue 22-Jan-13 22:32:29

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Arachnophobic Tue 22-Jan-13 22:32:29

I did once, nagoo but it was far too scary on AIBU so I returned to my lurking ways.......

DeepRedBetty Tue 22-Jan-13 22:32:59

There's people whose names you see a lot, and some of them are pretty reliable with good advice, and others are very good at making me grin, and a very few manage both. But I'm not going to name names, as (a) it's offensive to the ones whose names I forget, (b) some of the best stuff has come from people who don't post that often and (c) some of us name change fairly regularly. Like me.

NaturalBaby Tue 22-Jan-13 22:36:27

There is no such thing as MN royalty.
Is there?
<clutches pearls and hopes one is on the correct spreadsheet>

HoneyDragon Tue 22-Jan-13 22:36:46

Yes. In fact I can think of at least two fairly recently that were nice yet mentioned royalty.

Anyway, its like a lot of terms on forums, it can be used to endear or sneer. It's more telling about how a person uses the term than the person they use it for, I find.

Not that many people use it meanly, you just tend to remember when they do.

FunnysInLaJardin Tue 22-Jan-13 22:37:27

So Mintyy I know you are on a flounce but who are your best loved posters?

Dreamy I have now grin

And yes lurkers, post post post. I was once one of you and scared but now I am.........mediocre

SaggyOldPregnantCatpuss Tue 22-Jan-13 22:38:02

There's no such thing as Mumsnet Royalty. you are all cunts equally! grin

HoneyDragon Tue 22-Jan-13 22:38:22

Betty. It's still obvious it's you though grin

beachyhead Tue 22-Jan-13 22:38:56

Depends on the topic......also changes over time... Real Royalty doesn't change over time

FunnysInLaJardin Tue 22-Jan-13 22:40:36

aye saggy I am a cunt, tis true. I did have the builders round to look at my conversion tonight though. They were dying to know my budget but I wouldn't tell

exoticfruits Tue 22-Jan-13 22:41:02

I am always surprised that anyone thinks there is such a thing. A new poster, making there first post is just as valid(and quite possibly more sensible) than those who post a lot. I have never heard of some of the names who are supposed to be royalty!

Greensleeves Tue 22-Jan-13 22:41:28

These threads make me feel old. and uncool. like an elderly banana.

BluelightsAndSirens Tue 22-Jan-13 22:42:41

I want to include zombie but isn't there loads of zombiexyz....?

I think we need an organisational chart.

TuftyFinch Tue 22-Jan-13 22:43:08

I've never heard of Hully.

IamtheZombie Tue 22-Jan-13 22:43:15

Justine

Carrie

Helen

Rebecca

Olivia

Rowan

And all the others at HQ who provide this place for us.

FlouncingMintyy Tue 22-Jan-13 22:43:27

I honestly don't think of anyone as Royalty Funnys. I have posters that I particularly like, don't we all? and a tiny number who are really not my cup of tea

Nagoo Tue 22-Jan-13 22:43:33

Can anyone smell burning?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now