Note: Please bear in mind that whilst this topic does canvass opinions, it is not a fight club. You may disagree with other posters but we do ask you please to stick to our Talk Guidelines and to be civil. We don't allow personal attacks or troll-hunting. Do please report any. Thanks, MNHQ.

Patsy kensit WW ad

(69 Posts)
Lexie1970 Tue 22-Jan-13 20:35:21

AIBU to be annoyed every time I see the ad to wonder why on earth she cannot walk in her heels without wobbling big time...... Is it the faux model swagger with hand on hip action grin

Darkesteyes Tue 22-Jan-13 21:32:13

Balloon is bang on the money.
Ballon im an 18/20 (depending where i shop) and i have to lose the same amount you have to get down to a 12/14.
What im doing to acieve this is
1. Cutting out the obvious crap (sweets biscuits cakes etc)
2. Have cut portion sizes.
3. Cut my sugar in take. I never have fried food or sausage rolls chips etc so my problem has been sugar not saturated fat.
4. Given up diet coke. (even though at Slimming World i was told to fill up on diet coke to stave off hunger pangs. Very healthy. NOT!
Increased excersise.
Only been doing this for 2 weeks so not seen much of a shift yet.

ceebeegeebies Tue 22-Jan-13 21:35:32

What a load of crap grin

If I lose a stone, I would only drop one dress size at the most - one stone and 3 dress sizes is a physical impossibility unless she was at the very lowest point of a 12, lost a stone and is now in the top point of an 8 - techically she would have dropped 3 dress sizes wink

CecilyP Tue 22-Jan-13 22:13:10

No, it really is nonsense; you don't have to buy 3 sets of new clothes if you gain a stone, so you would not drop 3 dress sizes if you lose a stone.

Moominsarehippos Tue 22-Jan-13 22:23:28

I think she looks terrible for her age. She's younger than me (supposedly) and without the mmakeup and lighting, I look ten years younger than her.

The best diet ad by far is the one for the pills that make you lose weight... as long as you also eat less and exercise - now why hasn't I thought of that?

TheWombat Tue 22-Jan-13 22:32:09

The ad makes me feel a bit sorry for her, strangely. She looks so very unhappy and underconfident, her smile doesn't reach her eyes, and the 'I've gotten sparkle back' just doesn't ring true. It makes me wonder if she's trying to convince herself as much as any potential dieters..

PulyaSochsup Tue 22-Jan-13 22:33:59

Has she had a nose job? Her nose looks very short and thin......

ismaithliom Tue 22-Jan-13 23:16:38

Very funny. So glad I saw this. I was thinking the same thing but didn't say nout as thought I'd just sound jealous of her weighloss! 'her face looks demented' gas- I won't LOL!! She may have lost weight but she hasn't aged well.

HannahsSister40 Tue 22-Jan-13 23:18:40

I'm offended by this advert cos at her fattest (size 12/14 tops) she was the same size I currently am. And I don't consider myself fat or needing to get my effing sparkle back. Do one Patsy..

DoctorAnge Tue 22-Jan-13 23:20:39

She was so utterly beautiful as a young girl.

She did a lot of coke to stay skinny in the 90 s then messed her face and metabolism up and just never looked so good after that...

CecilyP Tue 22-Jan-13 23:22:07

That is what I thought; she is very slim now, but at a stone heavier she would still be - well, slim.

I can't get over just how odd her face looks.

Can't stand Patsy Kensit. I don't care how much weight she's lost. Or what magazine she thought she looked fat on.

Get some real people on there, WW.

AND STOP DIRECTING ALL THE ADVERTS ABOUT WEIGHT LOSS AT WOMEN. THERE ARE FAT MEN TOO!

<looks around, realises was shouting, hides>

Cantbelieveitsnotbutter Tue 22-Jan-13 23:32:00

Thank goodness I'm not the only one who finds this advert irritating!
When was she ever 'fat!'

squeakytoy Tue 22-Jan-13 23:45:03

Its the fake pause before she says "confidence" that irritates me more than anything else..

chickencurryfor7 Tue 22-Jan-13 23:45:04

I think WW have really sold out, they have always been about 'normal joe public' and using crap semi-slebs like patsy just alienates people.

orlakielylover Wed 23-Jan-13 00:36:46

She's no ad for botox, that's for sure.

sashh Wed 23-Jan-13 01:30:48

She looks mutton dressed as lamb, the clothes don't suit her and make her look like she has wobbly bits.

I think it is a big mistake using her.

Darkesteyes Wed 23-Jan-13 01:48:38

Oh come on. Surely this can be discussed without resorting to bitching about how she looks.
Its the culture of celebrity being used to sell a diet that is the problem. And its a sinister one.

Eliza22 Wed 23-Jan-13 09:13:02

Hmm... She was NEVER fat. But then, there are plenty of folks attending WW who just need to lose a stone or so, but want the group support thing.

Over the years, our Patsy's had a fair bit of work done, to get that (as she refers to it) sparkle back. I don't begrudge her but, she isn't 'the woman next door' in terms of a bit of No7 Protect and Perfect and that's it!!

HellonHeels Wed 23-Jan-13 09:19:28

Aside from the sleb-bitching, who was it earlier on who said WW was tested as being the slowest diet for weight loss? This actually isn't a bad thing, losing slower means you're more likely to lose fat than muscle tissue and less likely to pile it back on - it's meant to be about developing a sustainable and healthier way of eating.

PoshCat Wed 23-Jan-13 09:29:30

I feel sorry for her. She's failed in every romantic relationship she ever had, her looks are behind her and I dare say she needs the cash.

twitchycurtains Wed 23-Jan-13 09:59:23

She was never fat, I think the last 2 marketing campaigns by WW have been a been misjudged- does anyone remember the Aleesha ww song (cringe). The latest round of celebs were never really fat ( with exception of greg whatsit) especially Patsy. Doesn't inspire me to join WW, I know iysy problem but I don't consider a 1 stone loss on an already slim frame much of an inspiration.

twitchycurtains Wed 23-Jan-13 10:00:56

its my problem stupid phone

fromparistoberlin Wed 23-Jan-13 10:02:54

posh? he dad was an EE gangster

she was likely MAX a 16

LPplusOne Wed 23-Jan-13 10:08:09

I'm so confused - is size 12 really considered overweight??!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now