Patsy kensit WW ad

(69 Posts)
Lexie1970 Tue 22-Jan-13 20:35:21

AIBU to be annoyed every time I see the ad to wonder why on earth she cannot walk in her heels without wobbling big time...... Is it the faux model swagger with hand on hip action grin

Wallace Tue 22-Jan-13 20:36:55

Didn't notice that at all - was too busy saying "Patsy Kensit was fat? When!?"

Nanny0gg Tue 22-Jan-13 20:37:18

I just wish someone had edited what she says.
Dreadful script.

FutTheShuckUp Tue 22-Jan-13 20:38:38

Her face looks demented in this advert.

deleted203 Tue 22-Jan-13 20:38:58

I can't stand Patsy Kensit. Completely talentless, posh blonde. She's never been able to ruddy act, so it doesn't surprise me that she can't repeat the words of an advert convincingly.

RavenVonChaos Tue 22-Jan-13 20:40:17

Better than Smug Walllace tho eh?

Bella88 Tue 22-Jan-13 20:40:36

'I've got my sparkle back'...oh do fuck off, love.

fluffypillow Tue 22-Jan-13 20:42:38

Sparkle? Just keep telling yourself that Patsy. I think she looks rough.

TheOriginalLadyFT Tue 22-Jan-13 20:42:51

Makes me angry this ad - I think it is really cynical for slebs to pretend that WW, LL etc is responsible for them losing loads of weight and looking like models

Balls, don't believe it for a minute - personal chefs and trainers more like. And that bit at the start where she points to herself on mag cover and says "that was me" all shock like she was a huge fat heifer makes me stabby. Just fuck right off, Patsy

AmberLeaf Tue 22-Jan-13 20:43:03

YY Raven!

Her over Gregg fucking Wallace any day.

Wallace Tue 22-Jan-13 20:44:33

Was wondering how I was being smug... blush

discorabbit Tue 22-Jan-13 20:46:06

oh i really like her, don't mind the ad either, tempts me to visit ww!
:P

financialwizard Tue 22-Jan-13 20:46:24

I can't stand Patsy Kensit. Don't know why, just have never liked her.

tigerdriverII Tue 22-Jan-13 20:46:49

Oh it drives me mad. She shows you the before picture (where no doubt she looks like a skinny blonde actress) for a nanosecond then parades about. I would feel uninspired to do WW after watching that!

Bingdweller Tue 22-Jan-13 20:48:29

Aye, and I bet she turned up at class every week then....

GregBishopsBottomBitch Tue 22-Jan-13 20:48:57

That advert pisses me right off, since when has she ever fat, show me someone overweight and did it, then i might take WW seriously.

FrillyMilly Tue 22-Jan-13 20:50:33

Why do they have to pay celebs to endorse it. If ig works so well why don't they use real people? I also agree with pp that they don't attend weekly meeting and eat duck feathers weight watchers food to lose the weight. Tbh weight watchers pisses me off full stop.

SailorVie Tue 22-Jan-13 20:51:29

Patsy Kensit: whatever your mouth might be saying, your eyes look dead beneath the surface. You're not kidding anyone when you say you're happy.

Megglevache Tue 22-Jan-13 20:53:23

I love her. Go Patsy...Go Patsy....!

I think she's very attractive actually.

I don't have a TV but hear the radio ads on the way to work, drives me mad every time! I don't even know who she is but her smugness annoys me.

roastednut Tue 22-Jan-13 21:23:35

Her face is horrible lately, far too much work I think. But the worse thing was when she points to the mag cover - I rewound it and paused it (yes I should get a life I know) to see and she looks lovely and seriously not fat at all! I honestly don't get it!

TheOriginalLadyFT Tue 22-Jan-13 21:24:15

She is attractive, and she certainly wasn't "fat" - I'm sorry that she thinks it's ok to contribute to the already overwhelming pressure on women to conform to the skinny blonde stereotype just to make a quick buck

Darkesteyes Tue 22-Jan-13 21:24:35

In the accompanying magazine ad it says it took her 16 weeks to lose a stone.
Easy Living tried out some of these diets and WW came out as the one with the slowest results.
I too think its wrong to use a celebrity. It puts more pressure on women and its done to deliberately play on their insecurities to make them more willing to part with their money.
The celebrity culture and the diet industry are becoming increasingly interchangeable and entwined in each other and if the diet industry want to link themselves into this increasingly mysogynistic celebrity culture then the diet industry shouldnt be surprised when they find themselves accused of mysogyny too.

What pisses me off is that she claims to have lost just over a stone and 3 BLOODY DRESS SIZES!

Fuck off have you.

I went from a size 20 to a size 12 last year, also with weight watchers, and had to shift 4 stones of lard off my arse to do so.

Fair play for losing weight Patsy, but don't fucking exagerate. You were no more than a 12, if not a 10, to start with!

shesariver Tue 22-Jan-13 21:28:19

I couldn't lose weight without WW and have a long way to go but its working. However Im deeply irrationally and insanely jealous of Patsy Kensit not because she managed to lose a stone (woo hoo, Ive lost more than that!) but because once upon a time she was married to my idol no not Liam Gallacher for goodness sake Jim Kerr from Simple Minds.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now