Dh taking photos of our dinners AIBU to be pissed off?

(145 Posts)

Dh has started taking photos of the dinners I serve up. He posts them on Facebook and then his mates, who all think their amateur chefs, comment on them.

This has pissed me off but I have just shrugged it off. Now last night we had a scrape the bottom of the freezer tea as it is payday on Wednesday. It was a Cornish pasty, beans and cheese. Not healthy I know but all we had left. He posted it and an ex girlfriend commented that it was "heart attack on a plate".

Now he tells me that he is going to tag is ex girlfriend on the photo every day so she can comment on how healthy it is. This really annoyed me and I said its bad enough that your mates judge me, now you want an ex girlfriend to judge as well.

He now has the hump and says I'm being over sensitive.

AIBU?

This is not a wind up I promise. He is obsessed with his iPhone and it never leaves his hand, he takes photos of everything.

I think I knew I wasn't BU but am sitting upstairs quietly fuming and needed someone else to tell me as well.

Thanks to those that believe me and answered.

PurpleStorm Tue 22-Jan-13 20:12:23

YANBU.

Agree that you should stop cooking him dinner.

cosysocks Tue 22-Jan-13 20:12:40

Make him cook his own meals! Cheeky sod. YANBU

"Start posting summaries of his sexual performances on Facebook and ask his ex to comment on those"

grin

GhoulWithADragonTattoo Tue 22-Jan-13 20:13:03

revolve - grin I think you should deffo do this OP!

I like the ideas of posting pictures of him grin might try that one!

And to the person who asked No of course he doesn't cook!

Cortana Tue 22-Jan-13 20:13:27

"I would be forced to write 'fuck off' and other pleasantries in a cranberry jus on his plate." Arf Turkey.

Start rating him.

DH Lovemaking: 6/10 could do better. Please remove socks in future.
DH not being a prick: 1/10

hakunamatata8 Tue 22-Jan-13 20:13:52

Quietly fuming yes that will show him. You sound like you have a fantastic relationship.

crashdoll Tue 22-Jan-13 20:14:12

Cornish pasty, beans and cheese

Mmmm, can I come over?

Seriously though I like the idea of taking a photo of him every morning and posting it on FB. grin

Would people really refuse to cook? Doesn't it just become a massive argument?

Boomerwang Tue 22-Jan-13 20:14:22

This is another one of those threads, isn't it?

fluffypillow Tue 22-Jan-13 20:14:51

Posting pictures of his dinner on facebook? Has he nothing better to do?

Very strange. YANBU.

hakunamatata8 Tue 22-Jan-13 20:15:04

I would upload a picture of an emply plate with a caption saying mmmmmmmm how lucky is my lovely DH

Narked Tue 22-Jan-13 20:16:01

He is being rude and immature.

Having said that, how have you let it go on this long without arranging his food into 'FUCK OFF' or 'LEARN TO COOK'?

hakunamatata8 Tue 22-Jan-13 20:16:12

oh no don't refuse to cook god forbid if he had to cook his own dinner

FlouncingMintyy Tue 22-Jan-13 20:16:55

Apart from not cooking for him - I agree that this is obviously the path to go down - why on earth does he think his ex needs to have a say?

Put a comment on FB: "Hope you enjoyed it matey cos that's the last meal I cook for you, you tool, and [insert name of ex] ... you are more than welcome to him lovey"

McNewPants2013 Tue 22-Jan-13 20:16:56

Yes I would.

I do all the cooking in my house all I ask on return is appreciation of the work I do to prepare a home cooked meal

Oh god no I promise it's real I'm not trying to wind anyone up. I'm sorry if I sound too much like burnt cake lady but unfortunately I didn't make this up.

mummybookworm Tue 22-Jan-13 20:16:59

What Numberlock said.

StuntGirl Tue 22-Jan-13 20:17:48

YANBU.

Tell him if he carries on doing this you'll stop cooking for him. If he does it again then stop.

Yes, I really would and I suspect many others are the same. You don't have to put up with it you know.

VivaLeBeaver Tue 22-Jan-13 20:18:27

Tomorrow serve him a plate of peas.....arranged to spell

FUCK YOU

In big letters.

Let him photo that.

Narked Tue 22-Jan-13 20:18:43

'Would people really refuse to cook?'

I wouldn't. I'd refuse to cook for him. I'd even provide a selection on empty plates for him to photograph, so his blogging doesn't get samey.

Bogeyface Tue 22-Jan-13 20:18:55

Definitely do not cook for him again, and do the picture of him thing, making sure you PM all your friends to comment on it!

Sadly I know a few people who feel it necessary to share their dinner with Facebook.

I would be pissed off op, especially at the ex. Your DP is being a nob.

Bogeyface Tue 22-Jan-13 20:20:27

Tomorrow serve him a plate of peas.....arranged to spell

FUCK YOU

In big letters.

Let him photo that.

^^^^This!

And make sure you photograph it first in case he doesnt and put it on his page so all his mates and his ex can see it. In fact, tag them all in it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now