no heating no help

(264 Posts)
baby121990 Tue 22-Jan-13 13:04:21

hi, my boiler blew up on Friday night i called emergency team out

zukiecat Wed 23-Jan-13 19:25:22

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

dayshiftdoris Wed 23-Jan-13 20:14:55

No one's children are more important than anyone elses... no one has the right to something other another because their story is sadder... I feel sad that MN effectively cleared a space so that families with disabled woman could spat with a woman with disabled children over who is more entitled to heating...

Korma and Baby - I hope you both get heating and hot water sometime soon

AltinkumATEalltheTurkey Wed 23-Jan-13 21:01:38

If I could fuvk myself I would

If your going to be wankish in your posts, expect to be pulled up on it.

I never once stated that your child was less or more entilted to to heating than OP!!

WHAT I DID STATE IS THAT WE ARE TALKING ABOUT THE OP SITUATION, NOT YOURS!!!

your targeting the OP, and if you read back your posts you will see that, because you would not be explaning yourcircumstances nor would you keep bringing up the OP INCOME, etc.....

MidniteScribbler Wed 23-Jan-13 23:18:20

Ahh cooking out a microwave is an easy one. I'm doing it myself at the moment as my oven died and I'm waiting to replace it. Google microwave recipes and you'll find hundreds to try. I'm actually quite enjoying some of the new recipes I've found.

nancy75 Wed 23-Jan-13 23:34:37

Op, in the snow a few years ago our road had a power cut for 3 days, which meant no heating, light, oven or water, I found the best thing to keep warm was all stay together in one room as much as you can, hats really do keep you warmer than you would think as does wearing a couple of pairs of socks! I know the situation is horrible, when it happened to us my dd was just 4 and terrified because we only had candle light. I would just recommend heating the room you are in, if you can all sleep in 1 room and just put the heater on in there for half an hour with the doors closed.

AudrinaAdare Wed 23-Jan-13 23:43:34

You do not need to apologise, OP.

Please keep us updated smile

stormforce10 Fri 25-Jan-13 13:09:57

how are you getting on op have they been out to look at it yet?

baby121990 Fri 25-Jan-13 16:51:23

well my heating got sorted today took the guy 2 hours needed 3 parts and, so i want to say thank you to all of you that gave me some good post, me and my children are happy now. to those that was nasty towards me and my child well i hope and pray nothing ever happens to you like this. smile

GhoulWithADragonTattoo Fri 25-Jan-13 16:57:21

Yay - that's great news! You must be so relieved. Hope your DCs enjoy their hot baths later grin

JakeBullet Fri 25-Jan-13 16:58:11

Fab news..smile

eminemmerdale Fri 25-Jan-13 17:56:28

our heating and hot water went off when dd2 was a tiny baby (born at xams, get the idea..) and I was in ther throes of PND and completely mad. The bloke came,. said he'd fixed it then left. It wasn't fixed, so I phoned up and basically bored them to death with the whole tale of dd being born with a disability, that i was suffering serious PND that I didn't know what I would do if nothing was done etc. She'd started off by saying no way could they come back that day; an hour later, they were back...albeit looking abit nervous...and two of them grin

eminemmerdale Fri 25-Jan-13 18:00:31

Although, and I don't know if it makes a difference, we don't rent and have a special payplan for such things.

StoicButStressed Fri 25-Jan-13 23:22:30

Happy for you baby - and hope you heard the caring messages more than the, err, slightly less than empathetic ones! Glad all is restoredsmile.

apostropheuse Fri 25-Jan-13 23:41:12

Glad to hear all is well again op. smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now