about boyfriends housemate eating my food?

(15 Posts)

Use her best shampoo/moisturiser...and be thankful that this won't be a problem forever.

BackforGood Tue 22-Jan-13 00:24:53

It's one of those rules that vary in different house or flat shares - stay out of it and let your boyfriend have the discussions about house rules. It's for him and her to sort out. Sometimes, for a housemate who is considerate in every other way (noise / state the bathroom is left in / paying bills on time / etc., is, then overall it's worth losing a leftover pizza to keep the relationship good. (Can see it's annoying though, but you'll know next time to take it and put it in your own fridge wink)

TheCraicDealer Mon 21-Jan-13 23:49:53

It was going mouldy already? Do they love in a petri dish?!

AskSiri Mon 21-Jan-13 23:48:36

Yes I should have done but I know boyfriend said something to her about her.

And her response was - You left a pizza that was going mouldy out so yes we ate it.

deleted203 Mon 21-Jan-13 23:44:44

I'd have been annoyed. But it's too late to do anything about it now. The time to say something was Sat when you went over - I'd have said to her at that point, 'I'm a bit stunned to find you ate the pizza we brought back last night. We were intending to have it for tea tonight. Are you planning on replacing it?' and then seen what she said.

AskSiri Mon 21-Jan-13 23:44:13

I don't blame you.

Somehow leftover pizza for breakfast is the best thing ever... I did once witness my housemate eating last nights kebab for breakfast and thought that was just plain vile.

It was a friction' Dominos pizza as well and I'd sadly been looking forward to it.

BreatheandFlyAway Mon 21-Jan-13 23:42:56

do you think your bf ate it and is covering up grin

frogspoon Mon 21-Jan-13 23:41:27

When I was at uni I once woke up to find my leftover cold pizza, which I was saving for breakfast, had disappeared. Texted my housemate to find she had thrown it away. I was not pleased. It was still in its box so I fished it out of the bin and ate it.

AskSiri Mon 21-Jan-13 23:40:03

No I text him Mushroom and said I'll be over for 8 and we can have the pizza for dinner etc.

And he text back saying we can't because its been eaten.

AskSiri Mon 21-Jan-13 23:39:14

Why should we offer raven ?

I don't mean that in a rude way and I do have manners. But these aren't friends who I invited round etc they just happen to live in the same house. And it's quite rare that we get a takeaway and pizza is my favourite one so yes I was going to eat the food I paid for and not give it away.

If they had really wanted some they could have asked as it would have been pretty noticeable when we opened the box to find it emily.

MrsMushroom Mon 21-Jan-13 23:37:06

Did he really text you to say they'd eaten the pizza? confused

ApocalypseThen Mon 21-Jan-13 23:35:51

Well I think this is one for your boyfriend to tackle, but it is very odd.

ravenAK Mon 21-Jan-13 23:35:38

I think I'd've offered her & her bf the spare, tbh, if we had two pizzas & could only eat one!

Then they'd owe us a pizza at some indeterminate time in the future & no-one has to eat cold day old pizza.

Irritating that they tucked in after you'd gone to bed though - pretty obvious that you didn't intend to offer it to them.

WorraLiberty Mon 21-Jan-13 23:32:17

Why didn't you say anything?

AskSiri Mon 21-Jan-13 23:30:44

I'm not best friends with the housemate, but think she's an ok girl and we chat when we see each other, but would never go out just the two of us.

Me and boyfriend went out for a couple of drinks on the Friday and walked home and ended up getting a 2for1 pizza deal. We got home and ate one and said we would save the other one for Saturday.

Housemate was in the room with her boyfriend so we said goodnight to them and went to bed.

Boyfriend text me the next day to say that they had eaten the other pizza after we'd gone to bed.

I never said anything to her but I was slightly pissed off about it, because I have room mates and would never eat their food and I especially wouldn't wait until they'd gone to bed to do it either.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now