Cake. And birds.

(54 Posts)
BrokenBritain Mon 21-Jan-13 18:51:12

Ok I have a question. It is a little bit a thread about a thread, but am I being unreasonable to seek some clarification re bad cakes and birds?

I am an enthusiastic but untalented baker, and occasionally I've made a cake that not only looks like shite but tastes like it too. On these occasions I have binned the cake.

It never occurred to me that I should feed them to the birds ( we are v lucky we have birds where I live), I thought perhaps all that egg, sugar, chocolate, baking powder etc weren't very good for their digestive systems. Was I wrong? Does everyone else feed them to the birds? What about dogs, are they ok to eat cake? If I'm going to delight any creature with my cake castoffs I would probably rather it were my dog.

And if birds eat eggs does that make them a tiny bit cannibal?

Apologies for sidetracking from the more serious cake issues at hand, but am genuinely confused.

maddening Wed 23-Jan-13 15:42:23

My dad avidly feeds anything possible to the birds.

We used to have breaky watching them go crazy for it every morning.

He also put our dead pet goldfish out on the bird table shock sad

Crinkle77 Wed 23-Jan-13 15:52:42

I think cake is fine but if you want to feed them on a more regular basis my mumbuys the value dried fruit and puts that out

We had a deer today shock

Ok, it wasn't eating kitchen scraps.... It was out in the field in front but still pretty cool grin

And whatever is living in the bank has made two more huge entrance holes.... At this rate the whole hedgerow is going to collapse into our garden. Guess it really likes my cake!

Pigsmummy Thu 24-Jan-13 18:34:26

Bicarb of soda makes pidgeons explode in flight, does that help?

Out if interest does your husband eat burnt cake? Or children

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now